- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Whitby 1 mile. A lovely, modern mid-terrace Whitby cottage, in an elevated and peaceful position above the River Esk, in a small development of similar properties. With wonderful views across the valley, viaduct and over open countryside, this Whitby cottage offers light, airy rooms, with three generous bedrooms, one of which has a balcony, an ideal spot to relax, watch the steam trains passing and soak up the sun! Well furnished and decorated, this Whitby cottage offers very comfortable family accommodation in a lovely riverside setting, yet it is also within close proximity to Whitby centre, with its long, sandy beaches, excellent eating places, and quaint streets and shops - all this can be accessed on foot in around 25 minutes via the Grade II listed viaduct. Outside this Whitby cottage is a decked, private rear patio, and guests have use of the communal lawns. Explore the dramatic North York Moors, visit Aidensfield - Heartbeat country, or experience a trip back in time on the famous steam railway. With a wealth of activities in the area, this Whitby cottage makes an ideal place to stay.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x double with balcony and TV, 1 x single with additional folding bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and doors to patio. Sitting room with doors to patio.
Gas central heating. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for one car plus guest parking. Decked rear patio with furniture, communal lawned area. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “High standards in a beautiful but convenient location”
- “Very impressive modern accommodation which has been furnished/finished to a high standard eg smeg appliances and branded crockery etc. There are a lot of cottages to choose from at Riverside or at Captain Cooks Haven next door but having studied all the pictures we thought Cricket Cottage looked the most attractive and were not disappointed. Twenty minutes walk to the centre of Whitby but also benefits from being in a grassy, low density area - we were there with a small child who loved being able to play in the communal area with sheep, rabbits and horses over the hedge.”
- “it was an ideal base to explore the north Yorkshire coast and mo”
- “The cottage was comfortable and spacious with good views on either side. Despite a number of other cottages nearby it was quiet and relaxing. There was plenty of information leaflets available to help plan our holiday.I would definately recommend this property to anyone.”
- “Highly Recommend Cricket Cottage”
- “Great base to explore Whitby and beyond. Just a 20-25 minute stroll into Whitby. Cricket Cottage is clean and very well equiped. I would have no hesitation in recommending this Cottage for anyone to stop.”
- “Lovely cottage, very comfortable, nice views, will recommend and will go back.”
- “cricket cottage 2011”
- “good location, ideal to tour ,yorkshire, ideal for dog walking, just the place for a relaxing break.”
- “We had a lovely relaxing week, really enjoyed it, it was very warm, cosy and beautifully maintained. Would certainly go again and the location was very good, there were nice views at the front and at the rear. Wish I was still there.”
- “Cricket Cottage is far enough away from the town centre to be quiet in the evenings, but close enough to walk to it. Beautiful views from all windows. Everywhere is dog friendly.”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.