- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Burton Fleming 2.5 miles. An attractive barn conversion, in a tranquil rural setting, on the owner's smallholding close to the pretty village of Burton Fleming. Offering all ground floor accommodation, this cottage near Burton Fleming provides a lovely base from which to discover the Yorkshire Wolds rolling countryside and the popular coastal resorts of Filey, Bridlington and Scarborough. With a spacious open plan living area, this cottage near Filey has a high pitched roof, exposed timbers and a cosy woodburning stove set in a feature fireplace, whilst an archway leads through to the well-equipped kitchen. Furnished and decorated in a traditional style, this cottage near Bridlington offers three bedrooms, two with TVs and the double room has countryside views. With a homely feel throughout, this Yorkshire cottage is warm and comfortable, whilst outside is a small patio, enabling guests to sit and relax. Nearby Burton Fleming offers a farm shop, butcher, cafe and a local inn, whilst a short drive to Hunmanby brings you to a full range of amenities. The surrounding area offers plenty to do, from walks and cycle trails, to stately homes such as Sledmere House and Burton Agnes Hall to visit. The seaside town of Filey, just seven miles away, has long sandy beaches and charming promenades. Why not hire one of the brightly coloured beach huts or walk along Filey Brigg with its outstanding views? With something for everyone, this is a lovely Yorkshire cottage at any time of the year. Note: This property is next to Ref. 8956, together they sleep 10.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
LPG central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Patio to front with furniture and BBQ. Three well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2.5 miles. Beach 7 miles. Note: Ramp available on request. Note: Although all ground floor, there are some internal steps between rooms. Note: There is a small caravan site and storage on the owner's smallholding.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic place”
- “Stayed in this place for a week,it's a must for animal lovers.the owners could not be more helpful.well equipped and very comfortable.and good value for money.i also love peace and quiet.and that's what you get here.my rating for this.is 12 out of ten.very very good.”
- “A fantastic location & beautifully presented!”
- “We have just returned from a stay at Little Argham Cottage as part of our parents silver wedding celebrations and have had a wonderful weekend! Our party consisted of 6 adults and two dogs. The cottage was furnished to a very high standard and very well equipped. It's location was stunning, surrounded by fields and hedgerows. The owners went over an above to ensure we felt welcome, providing a welcome pack, lots of information about the surrounding area and even giving our parents a silver wedding card and a bottle of wine - a lovely gesture! We would not hesitate to recommend the cottage and would definitely return.”
- “Burton Fleming nr Filey”
- “Very well equipped, comfortable, a lovely place to stay. As we took our dogs we were not expecting such a high standard holiday rental.”
- “Excellent, clean and very well equipped cottage.”
- “We stayed here for a week in December with our two dogs. Easily the best place we have stayed in and we have stayed in a lot of different types of pet friendly accommodation. The cottage was immaculate and the kitchen extremely well equipped with everything that you could possibly need even down to a dog bowl! The owners were very friendly and helpful and we certainly felt that our dogs were more than welcome which has not always been the case in other so called pet friendly accommodation. Eggs, milk and biscuits were in the kitchen on our arrival and plenty of information in the cottage for local shops and restaurants. We would not hesitate to recommend this cottage and would certainly stay there again. Thank you for a great week.”
- “The owners were extremely warm and welcoming. The cottage was a home from home. It is extremely well kept, clean, warm and comfortable. We had a lovely undisturbed stay. We would recommend it to friends and family.”
- “The property was great a real home from home, everything you needed, if you need to get away from it all this is the place, totally tranquil in the Yorkshire Wolds.”
- “It was a wonderful cottage, excellently equipped, sensibly furnished and the area was lovely. The people were welcoming, friendly and helpful but not over-powering or interfering.”
- “A lovely cottage and very well equipped. The owners were so welcoming and helpful - can't praise their hospitality enough. It was particularly good for our dogs too as we had a lovely fenced paddock to exercise them.”
- “The owners were exceptionally helpful. The Kitchen was equipped with everything one could possibly need. A lot of thought has gone into this. The cottage is really warm, welcoming and very clean. In many places I feel uncomfortable taking my dog with me but on this occasion I felt very relaxed. I hope to return to this location again.”
- “Was in a good location to reach different seaside towns each day with the children and the cottage had everything we could possibly need. Having two young children with us there was plenty to keep them entertained even if we had not brought anything for them (i.e. books, games, toys). No problem doing any cooking as everything was there that we needed. Excellent cottage, would recommend to family and friends.”
- “Everything was to the highest of standards, would fully recommend. Absolutely beautiful cottage, location and people.”
- “The cottage was beautiful, and the owners were very friendly and helpful. It was the best cottage holiday we have had.”
- “Lovely cottage, great hosts. Area brilliant for discovering new places and enjoying old favourites. Just a super experience made all the better by the owners.”
- “Enjoyed being able to stay in this delightful cottage in comfortable surroundings. Myself and my husband had a comfortable king size bed, and the twin bedroom was equally as comfortable for my brother and sister-in-law. The dishwasher was a great asset, we all had a lovely all round break.”
- “Good location for coast and countryside and towns not too far too drive. Fantastic hosts. The photos don't do the cottage justice, it's nicer.”
- “The cottage is very well equipped to entertain children. One of the best cottages and holiday homes we have ever stayed in. A credit to the owners.”
About the location
Filey 7 miles; Bridlington 8 miles; Scarborough 15 miles.
The pretty village of Burton Fleming lies in the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds in the East Riding of Yorkshire. Old cottages cluster around the ancient village green, whilst the Gypsey Race River flows through the village. This small village hosts a local inn, a butcher and a farm shop and cafe. Lovely countryside surrounds the village, with numerous public footpaths and cycle tracks in the area. A seven mile drive brings you to the seaside resorts of Filey and Bridlington, with their long, sandy beaches, colourful promenades and excellent amenities. Burton Fleming provides a good base for exploring this largely undiscovered part of Yorkshire, with the towns of Driffield, Beverley, Scarborough and Whitby close by and an easy drive to the historic City of York.