“Our party of ten had a fantastic ...”Our party of ten had a fantastic week in a very warm comfortable cottage. We couldn't have asked for more
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful semi-detached barn conversion situated on a traditional hill farm in Farndale.
Boasting a large farmhouse kitchen with a delightful sitting and dining area, open fire and exposed beams in the second sitting room, The Old Cart House provides superb accommodation.
Walkers and mountain bikers will be spoiled for choice with bridleways, tracks and footpaths through magnificent open moors and countryside.
The towns of Kirkbymoorside, Pickering, and picturesque Hutton-le-Hole are also all within easy reach.
The perfect location for a wonderful holiday.
Note: The Old Cart House can be booked with Ref 1391, together they sleep 16.
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 1 adult bunks and 2 singles. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Farmhouse kitchen with open fire, dining area and sitting area. Sitting room.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent, additional fuel available from farm
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed front garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop 8 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The Old Cart House is approached by a narrow lane, with a hardcore drive 50 yards long
- Note: No fireworks please due to close proximity of farm animals.
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 9 miles; Helmsley 13 miles; Pickering 17 miles.
The beautiful valley of Farndale is a patchwork quilt of fields divided by ancient dry stone walls and narrow winding lanes. It is most famous for its spectacular display of daffodils, once reputed to have been planted by the monks of the Rievaulx Abbey. The attractive market towns of Kirkbymoorside and Pickering, and the picturesque villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Lastingham are all within easy reach and are well worth the visit. Walkers are also well provided for with the magnificent scenery and countryside of the surrounding National Park – a great location at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks: