- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful semi-detached barn conversion situated on a traditional hill farm in Farndale.
Boasting a large farmhouse kitchen with a delightful sitting and dining area, open fire and exposed beams in the second sitting room, The Old Cart House provides superb accommodation.
Walkers and mountain bikers will be spoiled for choice with bridleways, tracks and footpaths through magnificent open moors and countryside.
The towns of Kirkbymoorside, Pickering, and picturesque Hutton-le-Hole are also all within easy reach.
The perfect location for a wonderful holiday.
Note: The Old Cart House can be booked together with Ref. 1391 The Arches to accommodate 16 people.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with adult bunk & twin beds. Ground floor bathroom with shower, basin & WC. First floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Modern well-equipped farmhouse kitchen with open fire, dining area & sitting area. Separate sitting room.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, radio, stereo/CD player
- Fuel, power & initial supply of fuel for open fire inc. in rent, additional fuel available from farm
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available on request
- Off road parking for four cars
- Enclosed front garden with patio area, garden furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop 8 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The Old Cart House is approached by a narrow lane, with a hardcore drive 50 metres long
- Note: No fireworks please due to close proximity of farm animals.
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 9 miles; Helmsley 13 miles; Pickering 17 miles.
The beautiful valley of Farndale is a patchwork quilt of fields divided by ancient dry stone walls and narrow winding lanes. It is most famous for its spectacular display of daffodils, once reputed to have been planted by the monks of the Rievaulx Abbey. The attractive market towns of Kirkbymoorside and Pickering, and the picturesque villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Lastingham are all within easy reach and are well worth the visit. Walkers are also well provided for with the magnificent scenery and countryside of the surrounding National Park – a great location at any time of the year.