- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Land Of Nod Cottages
Stamford Bridge 1.5 miles. These two attractive, semi-detached cottages are situated in a peaceful location in the owners' grounds, one and a half miles from the pretty village of Stamford Bridge. Originally farm buildings, these Stamford Bridge cottages are bright and airy throughout, offering comfortable accommodation with open plan living areas. Outside, they each have their own garden with a patio and furniture, providing a sunny spot to sit and relax, surrounded by open farmland. Nearby, Stamford Bridge has local shops and pubs, whilst the surrounding area is ideal for cycling. Just three miles away is the park and ride facility into the historic city of York, with its famous Minster and the acclaimed Jorvik Viking Centre. Explore the narrow, cobbled streets with their wonderful architecture, or visit the National Railway Museum. With plenty of retail therapy and excellent restaurants, coffee houses and pubs, this beautiful city will not disappoint. Well placed for visiting the nearby market towns of Beverley, Driffield and Malton, these Stamford Bridge cottages provide a good base for exploring this interesting region.
The Studio offers one double bedroom and an open plan living area with an additional sofa bed.
Outside this Stamford Bridge cottage is a private, lawned garden surrounded by open farmland.
This Stamford Bridge cottage is perfect for couples wanting to stay in a tranquil location with easy access to York.
An excellent base all year round.
Note: This property is next to Ref.
21067, together they sleep 8.
One upstairs double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
Electric panel heaters, Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 20 mins walk.
- “Warm cosy cottage. The location was great, a relaxing rural setting but a short drive from the park & ride to York.”
- “A lovely holiday home, with nearly everything you needed, for the stay.”
- “A lovely well equipped cottage which was beautifully clean. It was quiet with an enclosed garden and was close to York and surrounding areas. The owner was friendly and approachable.”
- “The Studio was in a lovely rural setting, very quiet but within easy distance to York. Stamford Bridge was not too far away with grocery shops if needed.”
- “Cottage in a good area for day trips, walking, getting provisions etc. The property The Studio is ideal for a couple to stay in, it was very comfortable with helpful hosts on hand.”
- “Absolutely fantastic property and owner. Would highly recommend this to friends and family. The city of York was lovely too.”
- “Places to visit very close by. Pubs that did good food, also takeaways in Stamford Bridge.”
- “Friendly and likeable owner who went the extra mile”
- “We appreciated the ability to take our dog with us on holiday. We were happy to be able to come and go as we pleased, and the cottage was a good central position for going to York.”
- “Serene, beautiful views and felt private and enclosed behind the walls of the barnyard. The owner was so hospitable and left a cake and a vase of flowers for us on arrival, as well as milk in the fridge, such a thoughtful touch.”
- “The cottage was very well equipped, clean and comfortable and the hosts provided a great welcome, were very helpful and friendly. The garden provided a safe and secure environment for the dog to have some freedom.”
- “The cottage was beautiful, and everything well cared for and attractive. Lovely space outside overlooking fields and very private. We were made so welcome.”
About the location
York 8.5 miles.
Stamford Bridge, as its name suggests, was a fording point over the River Derwent for a Roman settlement. Nowadays, it is a village with a selection of shops and restaurants and is notable for a renovated railway viaduct, which is now used as a cycle and public footpath. The village is well known as the site of the Battle of Stamford Bridge on 25th September 1066, which marked the end of the Viking era in Britain. Within easy reach are the pretty Yorkshire market towns of Malton, Beverley and Driffield and within an hour’s drive is the unspoilt coastal resort of Filey with open beaches and the nearby RSPB nature reserve at Bempton.