- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautiful, modern annexe attached to the owner's property in the small village of Melbourne, 12 miles from York.
Finished to a high standard, this Melbourne cottage is perfect for guests wishing to explore the largely undiscovered rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds yet stay within a few minutes' drive of the medieval city of York.
The spacious and airy sitting room of this Melbourne cottage has a high pitched ceiling with exposed timbers, woodburning stove and French doors that open to the garden.
The contemporary kitchen is beautifully appointed with granite worktops and a tiled floor.
This Melbourne cottage offers two luxurious shower rooms with underfloor heating and walk-in showers, while the first floor bedroom offers fine views of the surrounding countryside.
A pleasant 20 minute walk along the high street brings you to the local shop and pub that serves food whilst 4 minutes from this Melbourne cottage is the beautiful Pocklington Canal which is a haven for bird life and offers great opportunities to see barn owls and kingfishers.
Enjoy a walk along the towpath to the market town of Pocklington with its tea rooms and variety of shops.
From this Melbourne cottage, a visit to York is a must where you can discover the Jorvik Viking Centre, National Railway Museum, York Minster, or simply enjoy a walk around the perimeter walls.
With excellent restaurants and theatres, coupled with fine retail therapy, this magnificent city appeals to everyone.
This Melbourne cottage provides a good base all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin, bidet and WC. Ground floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin, bidet and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and French doors to garden.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating in both shower rooms and woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Bike storage. Small patio and lawned garden to rear and side with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Lilliput Lodge”
- “What a lovely cottage and all utilities and amenities are fully catered for. Very clean and comfortable and such friendly and helpful owners. Two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs with walk in showers, beautifully equipped. Fully equipped kitchen, washer, tumble dryer, oven, dishwasher and all the pans and utensils you could ever need. The only very small downside was that there was not an enclosed garden for the dog, but if well behaved will have no problems. Highly recommended and a beautiful cottage”
- “A very pleasant stay in well equipped and comfortable accommoda”
- “We received a warm welcome at Lilliput cottage from the owners who live in adjacent accommodation. The house was light and airy with a comfortable sitting room/diner and a really well equipped kitchen.It has not long been built and the garden was still work in progress. There were two bathrooms with level access walk in shower, bidet, wash hand basin and lavatory. Heated towel rails were welcomed the first week as it was sunny but cold. By week 2 the weather had changed to summer and became quite hot at times. The first floor bedroom had beautiful open views of the Wolds. We enjoyed walks along the tow path of the historic Pocklington Canal - within 5 minutes walk of the house. Pocklington is a pretty market town nearby with a beautiful gardens and tea room accessible for a small entrance fee. York is not far away with Park and Ride the best option for visiting its many tourist attractions. We visited Whitby, Riveaulx, and Fountains abbeys, Harewood House - the home of the Queen's cousins, and the North York Moors. We particularly liked the peaceful countryside in which this accommodation is situated and its ease of access to York and the Wolds. We would happily return to Lilliput Lodge at some time in the future.”
- “Beautiful cottage”
- “Perfect hosts, ideal location for visiting York and the coast of Scarborough and Bridlington. Everything in the cottage is superbly thought out, lovely kitchen, wish I had it at home and the huge showers are to die for. We'd love to come back.”
- “Ideal for York”
- “Super facilities, 2 separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms and walk in showers, fully equipped kitchen and log burning stove, the owners live next door . Its in the heart of the country, you will get agricultural aromas. Your satnav will take you to the wrong address, check with owners for details.”
- “Liked everything. The owners were really lovely and gave us help and advice. The cottage is situated for easy access to York, Harrogate, Bridlington, Scarborough, Whitby etc. The accommodation was first class and would definitely stay there again.”
- “A lovely lovely cottage! Host and Hostess friendly and helpful left us to ourselves.”
- “It was great to stay somewhere that was very homely. I cannot fault this property it was excellent, the owners must take great pride in the Lodge. We had an extremely comfortable stay and it was great we could take our little dog. Thank you to the owners, your cottage was really lovely and we had a super holiday.”
- “Very well placed property for the area we wished to explore. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The property was very clean and well equipped. Would definitely stay there again.”
- “Fabulous accommodation with fantastic wet rooms & comfortable lounge. In a quiet location and had a warm welcome.”
- “The property is very well equipped and decorated; the wet rooms in particular are first class, and the cottage is always warm. There are many places of interest to visit within easy reach of the property, making it an ideal base.”
- “A fabulous property lacking nothing; definitely a home from home, it was very comfortable and spacious. Owners very friendly - non intrusive but available if required.”
- “The holiday cottage was of a very high standard and it was dog friendly with excellent off lead walks within 5 minutes of the cottage along the Pocklington Canel.”
- “Rural area with lovely villages and towns, and of course York. Also walks from the cottage to Pocklington Canal with dog. Very friendly people.”
- “Very good accommodation with excellent facilities, Ideal base for York, Harrogate and surrounding area.”
- “The cottage was of an exceptionally high standard and was very well equipped. The owners were very helpful and even though they lived on site you would not have known they were there.”
- “Having a wood burning fire in the lounge was a great bonus, as the weather was not particularly warm at the time of our holiday.”
About the location
Pocklington 5.5 miles; Market Weighton 10 miles; York 12 miles.
The small linear village of Melbourne lies centrally placed in the Yorkshire Wolds, surrounded by the pretty market towns of Pocklington, Driffield and Market Weighton. This well kept village has a traditional village hall, with playing fields and a cricket club. It offers a pub, local shop and easy access to public footpaths. Close by, lies the Pocklington canal which is renowned by birdwatchers who regularly see a wide variety of birds including barn owls and kingfishers. The nearby market towns offer an excellent array of independent shops, tea rooms and restaurants. Well worth a visit is the Elvington Air Museum – the largest independent display of its type. The beautiful historic city of York is just 12 miles away to the north west and cannot be missed with its Jorvic Viking Centre, magnificent Minster and National Railway Museum.