- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb Victorian mid-terrace property, centrally situated in historic Whitby.
This outstanding Whitby cottage has been beautifully renovated, retaining a wealth of period features, with marble and cast iron fireplaces, ornate ceiling roses, and stripped pine floors and window shutters.
The bright, spacious rooms of this Whitby cottage are luxuriously furnished, providing two very comfortable sitting rooms, one with an open fire.
There is also a well-equipped kitchen with granite worktops and range cooker.
Set over five floors, the quirky layout of this Whitby cottage offers excellent family accommodation, with plenty of space for everyone.
Outside, a small front garden provides a sunny area to sit and relax, with views over to the famous abbey and St. Mary's Church.
Within five minutes' walk from this Whitby cottage are good eateries, local pubs and independent shops.
Wander the cobbled, narrow streets down to the harbour, enjoy the long, sandy beaches or climb the 199 steps up to Whitby Abbey!
Explore the dramatic coastline or the spectacular scenery of the North York Moors, all within very easy reach from this Whitby cottage.
A great base for family and friends, all year round.
Over five floors.
Nine bedrooms: 1 x 3rd floor double, 2 x 3rd floor twin, 2 x 2nd floor king-size double with TVs, 1 x 2nd floor twin, 1 x single, 1 x lower ground floor king-size double, 1 x lower ground floor family room with super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin by prior arrangement) & single day bed. 3 x shower rooms with shower, basin & WC (1 ground floor, 1 ground/1st floor half-landing, 1 1st/2nd floor half-landing). 3rd floor bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. Lower ground floor bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Outside utility. Dining room seating 18. First floor sitting room (seats 10) with open fire. Additional first floor sitting room (seats 8).
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Range cooker with electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, hostess trolley, washer/dryer (in utility), 2 x dishwashers, plasma TV, 3 x TVs with FreeSat, 2 x DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- 2 x cots, 2 x highchairs
- Off road parking for 2 cars, plus roadside parking (permit required, available to purchase from owner at £4 per week)
- Small front garden with patio and seating for 10
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop, pub & beach 2 mins walk
- Note: Back entrance accessed by 6 steps, front garden accessed by 8 steps
- Note: Steep stairs to 3rd floor rooms
- Note: Short breaks to begin on Monday or Friday only.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute