- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautifully-presented semi-detached property, superbly located overlooking the railway and harbour in historic Whitby. Set over three floors, this Whitby cottage offers luxurious accommodation for family groups and friends wanting to enjoy a traditional seaside holiday, but with easy access to the stunning surrounding countryside of the North York Moors National Park. Tastefully furnished in a contemporary style, this Whitby cottage has a spacious and airy sitting room, with French doors leading to the rear patio - a sunny area to sit, relax and admire the steam trains trundling by, a joy for young and old! The bright and well-equipped kitchen in this Whitby cottage offers a breakfast bar, whilst more formal dining can be enjoyed around the dining table in the sitting room. With great attention to detail, this cottage in Whitby offers four individually-styled bedrooms, with the second floor one providing an en-suite, extra comfy seating and doors opening onto a balcony, affording beautiful views over the harbour, Whitby Abbey and the river - a perfect retreat for a couple wanting extra privacy and peace! With underfloor heating downstairs and all modern comforts, this Whitby cottage provides an exceedingly comfortable and welcoming holiday home, with the added bonus of off road parking for two cars - rarely found in this popular resort - enabling guests to enjoy all the excellent amenities on the doorstep. Sample the many tea rooms and renowned fish and chips, explore the quaint, cobbled alleyways and narrow streets, or watch the beautiful sunsets over the harbour. Spend lazy days on the long, golden sands or climb the 199 steps to the famous Abbey and take an invigorating clifftop walk along the Cleveland Way. The wonderful area around this Whitby cottage has many attractions, including the pretty fishing villages of Robin Hood's Bay and Staithes, wonderful walks on the stunning heather-clad moors and fun-filled days at Flamingo Land. Don't forget to book a memorable trip on the North York Moors Steam Railway! An excellent Whitby cottage for an unforgettable holiday.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x second floor king-size double with TV, seating, balcony and en-suite bath, shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with dining area and electric living-flame fire.
Gas central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and electric fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Balcony with furniture. Small, enclosed rear patio with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, pub and amenities 5 mins walk. Beach 10 mins walk. Note: Trains can be heard during day and early evening, max. 5 trains per day with 4 steam trains during the summer months. Note: Max. 6 adults and 2 children under 12. Note: Check in 4pm.
Note: Max. 6 adults and 2 children under 12.
- Last minute
- “Lovely Dog friendly house - this is how to do it!”
- “We went as an extended family group six adults one child one baby and of course Douglas the dog. This house is amazing very well equipped Large lounge big kitchen & the loft bedroom with on suite and balcony over looking the river Esk, boat yard and steam trains heaven, we wanted for nothing and so clean and modern ~ as anyone who has read my other reviews from last years disaster will know how much this matters! Plenty of parking a bonus in Whitby and for one small boy steam trains right out side the door, he waved to everyone and the lovely people waved back! I'd recommend this house to everyone”
- “Lovely house, home from home. Luxurious master bedroom and a very comfortable home.”
- “Excellent accommodation in a great location, close to all the amenities Whitby has to offer, the car stayed on the drive all week.”
- “The house was excellent and in close proximity to Whitby town centre.”
- “A lovely house with everything a large family group could need. The furnishings were excellent even though this was a dog friendly property, really clean and with the joy of steam trains outside the door! The boys loved dashing out to wave at each one and the lovely people who waved back. I'd recommend this to everyone and would happy to come back. An added bonus in Whitby was parking for up to three cars!”
- “We love Whitby, we go there every year but it was the first time that we had stayed in this property. We loved the house and the location, the trains that go past did not bother us at all, in fact they sort of added to the enjoyment, we will be back next year hopefully.”
- “In a great location, only a short walk to town, and in easy reach of all facilities and access to walks etc. There was a really good selection of pubs/restaurants - we were spoilt for choice! The cottage owner was available if we needed anything (which we didn't). It was an ideal cottage for families, it was very warm cosy and comfortable.”
- “Lovely light, airy, well decorated cottage with everything needed for our family group. Had excellent walking access to Whitby but away from the busy centre. Parking outside the cottage was a bonus too. We have had a great week and hope to return.”
- “Love Whitby and the location of the Mariners Rest was perfect.”
- “Everything in Mariner's Rest was was lovely and in a prime location for town centre.”
- “It was an easy walk into town but far enough out to be quiet at night. Stunning view from balcony.”
- “The location is great for access to and from Whitby. The town centre was a 10 min walk and all amenities are near by. Says parking for 2 but we easily got 3 cars on the front....a massive plus for Whitby. If you have kids or you're an enthusiast of trains and boats, all you need to do is look out of the window and enjoy steam trains passing / stopping a few feet from the house during the day. Also a boat yard at the other side of the tracks, so my 3 year old was in his element!”
- “The property was extremely well presented and equipped. We had a warm welcome from the owner and much appreciated welcome pack. The location was ideal for exploring Whitby on foot (literally 5 a minute walk away), it is adjacent to the railway line but this caused absolutely no inconvenience. We wouldn't hesitate to return. It was nice to have dedicated off road parking.”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.