- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Strathpeffer 3 miles. A spacious detached log-clad cottage, on the banks of a pretty loch in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. One of just three similar cottages set in a quiet private plot, this cottage near Strathpeffer offers fabulous uninterrupted views across Loch Achilty to the mountains beyond. This Strathpeffer cottage would be ideal for a small family group or group of friends who will simply love the stunning location and the peace and tranquillity. The very bright and spacious accommodation in this Strathpeffer cottage is all on one level, with two comfortable bedrooms situated off the main open plan living area, which is a very sociable space and benefits from sliding doors out to the front of the cottage. Outside this Strathpeffer cottage is a private seating area which is a great place for a quiet read or perhaps some alfresco dining. The Highlands of Scotland not only offer beautiful scenery, but there are also lots of things to do and places to visit. The capital of the Highlands, Inverness, is a short drive away and is well worth a visit, especially if you are looking for good restaurants. For a great beach, visit the seaside town of Nairn on the Moray Firth coast and perhaps explore the fishing villages along that coastline. Take the road west to Plockton, Kyle and Skye, or just stay closer to home and spend time in the lovely spa town of Strathpeffer, with its great walks and cycle paths. For wildlife lovers there is much to see on land, in the air and on the water so keep your camera close at hand. This Strathpeffer cottage will ensure a wonderful holiday for all. Note: This property is next to Refs. 904198 and 921861, together they sleep 14.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Electric wall heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Private front patio with furniture, shared lawned garden. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 1 mile, pub with restaurant 2 miles. Note: Cottage is close to loch side, children to be supervised. Note: Fly fishing available by arrangement with owner.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful time. Relaxing and refreshing, beautiful walks and peaceful sleep. New revamped cottages, easy distance to all the touristy things to see... Perfect!!”
- “Calm but near major places of interest, a georgeous place for a relaxing vacation”
- “This is a calm and peaceful place next to a beautiful loch, but it is located in a good driving distance to major places of interest in Scotland. Simply a georgeous place for a relaxing vacation with a very fiendly landlord family nearby. A car is recommended for sightseeing tours.”
- “Peacefull relaxing location”
- “Great place for visiting the highlands. Beautiful views over loch and glen. Owner very helpful and friendly.”
- “Liked sitting on the covered patio listening to..absolute peace. We know the area well, having visited often since the late 1970s, but this lodge tops our list by a long, long way. The owners have a lovely light management touch - there if needed, otherwise discreetly absent. Delightful in all respects.”
- “We enjoyed the tranquillity of the setting of Pebbles Cottage and the space around the house. We felt relaxed and are currently planning on returning to the same house for next year.”
- “This is really a gorgeous and calm place with a lovely loch in front of your door! Excellent accommodation and the location is ideal for everything; hiking and sightseeing because it is located near to the most lovely places and cities in Scotland. If you want to have calmness and nature as well as the possibility to see a LOT of other inspiring things in day trips - go for it!”
- “Pebbles cottage was just perfect, a beautiful cottage overlooking a lovely Loch. Welcomed in the morning by hungry ducks wanting to be fed which of course we obliged. Accommodation was to a high standard and we wanted for nothing. The owner was on hand to help if needed and is a lovely lady with two adorable children. Would recommend this property to anyone wanting a super cottage in a lovely area. Look forward to our next visit.”
About the location
Inverness 20 miles.
Often compared to a Bavarian Mountain resort, the picturesque spa village of Strathpeffer owes its growth to the discovery of water springs during the 1700s, and was declared in 1819 to be the healthiest drinking water in Britain! The original Spa Pavilion has been magnificently restored after a period of disuse and now serves as a venue for a variety of events, including concerts, dances, dramas and exhibitions. The former Victorian railway station, which in times past brought many visitors from near and far, has now been beautifully restored to house craft workers and their shops, and is also home to the Highland Museum of Childhood. Visit the restored Pump house (also a Tourist Information point), take a walk along a forest track, or enjoy the views from the nearby pictish hill fort at Knockfarrel. Whatever you decide there's plenty on offer for all the family.