- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A tastefully-presented detached stone cottage in the heart of Aviemore in the stunning Cairngorms National Park. Superbly appointed throughout, this spacious and very well-equipped Aviemore cottage oozes comfort and style, and is ideal for a family or group of friends who want to enjoy the wonderful array of activities available in and around Aviemore. This Aviemore cottage has bright and spacious accommodation set over two floors, with four well-proportioned bedrooms (one with an en-suite shower) on the first floor, along with the family bathroom. The ground floor of this Aviemore cottage offers generous accommodation for relaxation, with a lovely sun room to the front, a sumptuous sitting room with multi-fuel stove and a large kitchen with dining area, sofa and another multi-fuel stove. To complete the ground floor accommodation is a small sun room at the rear overlooking the quiet private garden. This Aviemore cottage is ideally situated close to the vibrant town centre, which as you would expect has much to offer in terms of shopping, dining and lively pubs. The Cairngorms National Park is not only famous for its outdoor pursuits, but also for its stunning scenery and wonderful wildlife. Just a few miles south of Aviemore is Kincraig and the Loch Insh Watersports Centre, where young and old can participate in canoeing, sailing, windsurfing, fishing, archery and so much more. Whilst still in Kincraig, a visit to the Highland Wildlife Park, open all year round, is a must. So much to see and do here, but at the end of a busy day, returning to your Aviemore cottage will be a joy!
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area, comfy seating and multi-fuel stove. Utility/drying room. Sitting room (seats 7) with multi-fuel stove. Two sun rooms.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stoves
- Range cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Sky, DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned garden with seating
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: No stag/hen parties
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: The owner requires a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
- Last minute
- “Excellent cottage and a fine base for Aviemore and around”
- “This is a lovely big cottage in a great location and perfect for a group - in our case two families of four. Some comments that may be helpful: - location is about half a mile from Aviemore centre - 10mins walk or so from the Winking Owl pub and mountain cafe, a few minutes more from Tesco. Coop is 5 mins walk out of town on the dalfaber road and there's a small spar 2 mins walk away. - It's on the main toad through town but set back...some modest traffic noise and late night chatter from teenagers in the bus shelter across the road one Saturday, but normally fine. - there's a small garden at front and room to park 2-3 cars. There's also potential space for bikes (or skis or boards) outside in the back yard or for a few clean ones in the utility room inside the house. -great kitchen / diner space with a double oven and hobs, a big dining table that fits 8 easily, modern fridge and freezer (even does ice for drinks). An inconspicuous TV in the corner and a mixed fuel stove. - a darker, cosier room - feels more of a TV room or space for whisky and cards! A better fit for 5 or 6 than 8 - 4 bedrooms, all of medium to modest size, 1 ensuite. All fine and nice comfy beds, generally functional not special. - loads of great places nearby - ski often open into April, mountain biking at Glenmore and Rothiemurchus and blue/red trails at Glenlivet, loads of walks and don't miss cakes in Aviemore mountain café!”
- “A very good place for a company of 7-8.”
- “A very spacious and comfortable cottage within a walking distance off the Aviemore main-shopping area and very close to local bus stops. Good for both the groups of hikers and the skiers/snowboarders, with plenty of room to dry clothes, 2 showers, a bath, 4 bedrooms for up to 8 people, huge kitchen and a very nice living room, both with fire-stoves for extra warmth and comfort. Also books, DVDs, tabletop games to spend an evening. And some very beautiful views from windows as well. Been coming to Aviemore every winter for a few years now, for the mountain. Sadly, it was closed due to heavy snow and strong winds. Thankfully, the cottage had everything to keep us very comfortable, and the area have plenty of "poor-weather walks" to occupy restless skiers/snowboarders with no mountain available. First time staying at Glencanisp. Very probably, that will stay there again next year.”
- “Great Cottage For A Large Group”
- “Stayed at Glencanisp for a week in July. The cottage is great for a large group such as ours ( 3 couples with 2 children aged 6 and 19 months). The cottage (I'd call it a house) has all that you require for a stay and was very clean when we arrived. An 8 minute walk brings you into the town with plenty of shops and restaurants. Would I stay there again? I'm not sure due to the traffic noise in the early mornings. If you can sleep through that then, yes, it's a good place to stay.”
- “This was a beautiful house with a large kitchen and warm rooms. Everything we needed was supplied to us. We would definitely recommend this house.”
- “An absolutely fantastic property, very spacious and light. We all loved it, including the little ones. Would absolutely recommend the place and be delighted to stay there again. The property made our holiday. We all looked forward to coming back to it and it was a very easy place to relax.”
- “A perfect place for a family get together, there was room for everyone. Excellent and will definitely book it again if we were coming back to Aviemore.”
- “Overall, 10 out of 10, 5 Star. Well done!”
- “This is a fantastic holiday home that has everything you could ever need; from a slow cooker (handy for having meals ready when coming home from a long day sightseeing) to the games, toys and books for children. The accommodation is very spacious and comfortable. I was especially impressed with the beds, most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in. Glencanisp is only a 5-10 minute walk from main town centre with lots of nice bars, restaurants and shops. All in all I would highly recommend this property.”
- “Our stay at Glencanisp was really good. The decor and the amenities at the property was as described and was faultless. The location is close to all attractions as well as local services.”
About the location
Inverness 30 miles.
Situated in the heart of the Scottish Highlands and in the Cairngorms National Park, Aviemore is an ideal holiday location. The area offers good fishing, superb walking in the surrounding hills and woodland, and golfing on the many fine courses in the area. There is also sailing, riding and birdwatching, with rare species to be found including Ospreys and Capercaillie. You will find Aviemore an ideal base for touring the Highlands and nearby Grampians. The landscape is dotted with historic castles and tempting distilleries, while the region is known to millions as the setting for the popular TV series 'Monarch of the Glen'. Enjoy fishing on the majestic River Spey all summer, and winter skiing on the Cairngorms and Lecht ski centres, appealing to thrill-seekers and novices alike. There's a swimming pool and championship golf course, and with a wide choice of restaurants, bars and hotels in the town, many with live entertainment throughout the season, you may find yourself having a "Highland Fling"!