- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Chirnside 1 mile. An attractive semi-detached property in a courtyard setting, in a rural, tranquil location 1 mile from Chirnside.
This Chirnside cottage offers welcoming accommodation with an open plan living area, and two light and airy bedrooms.
A particular feature of this Chirnside cottage are the large, well established and secluded grounds, complete with small private patio, making this an ideal property for simply relaxing.
This location offers some great walking countryside, rolling hills and coastal paths.
Nearby Berwick-upon-Tweed has a good selection of inns, shops and eating places.
There are splendid golf courses in the vicinity of this Chirnside cottage, and wildlife spectacles nearby such as the Farne Islands, and Bass Rock off the Scottish coast.
Holy Island is just over half an hour's drive.
If you are looking for an outdoor adventure or just some rest and relaxation for all the family, this property will fit the bill.
This Chirnside cottage adjoins Ref 4276, with Ref 4277 across the courtyard, together they accommodate 10.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double by prior arrangement) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with small kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
Night storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, CD/radio. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Small, enclosed patio with furniture, access to shared grounds. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “very nice break”
- “the cottage was perfect for our break in the borders. the home made bread and wine which was left for us was very welcome and much enjoyed. the area was better than we anticipated and would certainly come back here. it was ideal for our dog as well. really enjoyed this break. Kay and Dave shepherd”
- “Absolutely fabulous for us and our pooch.”
- “The cottage and grounds are lovely and Liz the owner is so friendly and helpful we had a great time despite it being rainy. The area has so much to offer walks on the numerous beaches all within a 20 minute drive, golf, shops, castles so much to see and the scenery amazing. Our little dog loved wandering around the grounds and also the beaches. A wonderful time and hope to go back soon. Would recommend to anyone.”
- “lovely welcome”
- “A lovely couple of weeks in a wonderful location. The resident owners had thought of everything and were most welcoming. Would highly recommend this lovely accomodation which was peaceful and relaxing”
- “Isolated, peaceful and comfortable”
- “Friendly welcome by the owner on our arrival. Complimentary bottle of wine provided. Not intrusive during our stay but we were advised who best to contact if there were any problems, location of doctors etc and good pubs and restaurants. The property itself was very clean and provided everything necessary to make our stay comfortable. Somewhat isolated but that suited us as we wanted a peaceful location and there was a long quiet lane across the main road which was perfect for walking the dog off its lead. Surrounding towns were easily accessed by car and we took the opportunity to tour about. We liked the peace and quiet best.”
- “Great quiet location - with noisy floorboards!”
- “This is a lovely cottage situated in the grounds of an old courtyard. It's really lovely and quiet, and it provides easy access to the coast both in Scotland and England. There's some lovely quiet roads around, and an amazing pub in nearby Paxton. The only slight issue I had with the place was the noisy floorboards. If you needed to get up to the loo in the night it was impossible not to awaken the other half ;-)”
- “The location of Grooms cottage was in a lovely quiet area beside a beautiful courtyard. The grounds were superb with a Tarzan swing, two beautiful giraffe sculptures and other activities for children. It was very safe for us to let the dogs out without worrying if they would run into a road.”
- “The location was superb. The silence, and the sky at night contributed to a spectacularly relaxing break. An ideal base for splendid deserted beaches. The dog enjoyed it too!”
- “Groom's Cottage was a warm and cosy cottage perfect for a relaxing and restful family holiday. The peaceful woodland setting with carpets of snowdrops was idyllic. There was so much to do and to explore in the surrounding area.”
- “Groooms Cottage is a comfortable, cosy, sympathetically furnished and decorated, well equipped cottage set in idyllic surroundings - it's perfect. It is well placed for exploring both sides of the Scottish Border. The owner was very welcoming and then left us to it with details of how to contact her if we needed anything.”
- “A great owner who cannot do enough for you . Property is in a quiet location but convenient for what the area has to offer. We like it.”
- “Great location! Heating was working well in the winter weather and cottage was nice and cosy.”
About the location
Duns 6 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 9 miles.
The village of Chirnside occupies an elevated position overlooking the River Whiteadder and offers stunning views across the magnificent Cheviot and Lammermuir Hills. A number of interesting landmarks depict the village's long history, including a 16th Century dovecot and a beautiful parish church, believed to date back to the 12th Century. Each summer, the Jim Clark Rally, the only 'closed roads' race on mainland Britain, takes place in and around the Borders as a memorial to the village’s home born champion. Just 9 miles away lies the charming, coastal town of Berwick, boasting quaint, narrow streets enclosed within Elizabethan walls, excellent shopping and dining facilities and an interesting arts centre. The local area affords fantastic fishing, golf, walking and riding opportunities and the nearby resorts of Eyemouth, Coldingham and Spittal offer soft, sandy beaches, ideal for a relaxing afternoon. A brilliant location for exploring historic Edinburgh, the stunning Northumberland coastline, and the attractions of Holy Island, Paxton House, Manderson, Bamburgh and Alnwick Castle. Chirnside is a great holiday location all year round.