- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A semi-detached, stone-built cottage, converted from a stable block, on the main street of the village of Chirnside, 9 miles from Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Set in the grounds of the owners' home, this welcoming Scottish cottage in the Borders offers warm, cosy accommodation, ideal for a romantic break or for exploring the beaches, cliffs, coastline and history of this quiet, peaceful location.
The area offers walks, fishing, shooting, golf, riding, tennis and birdwatching, while Edinburgh is just over an hour away.
Just a short drive away, Berwick-upon-Tweed provides town walls, border bridges, shops, pubs and restaurants, whilst the glorious Heritage Coastline is within easy driving distance.
A cosy Chirnside cottage, and an excellent base for exploring Northumberland and the Scottish Borders!
This property is next door to Ref.
3663, and together they accommodate 9.
One king-size double bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
Eco-friendly wood pellet central heating. Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, TV, DVD, CD/radio, broadband WiFi access available. Fuel & power inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Small front patio area with furniture & BBQ. Sorry, no smoking. One well-behaved pet welcome. Shop & pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Very comfortable”
- “An excellent cottage, really comfortable. Conveniently situated in Chirnside only a few yards away from the Co-op. The only minor criticism was the lack of drawer space for storage of underwear etc. No shortage of cupboard space though.”
- “A tutto relax”
- “La casa è molto carina, con un bel soggiorno, una cucina attrezzata e la camera da letto sul soppalco. Un nido romantico, a giudicare anche dal giudizio dei molti ospiti inglesi che hanno commentato sul diario della casa. E' abbastanza vicina alla costa est, dove si possono fare bellissime escursioni e passeggiate. La proprietaria è molto cordiale, simpatica e disponibile. Adatta a persone che amano la tranquillità e la bellezza del paesaggio.”
- “Lovely, very good”
- “Very good location, nice hosts. The cottage was well fitted out, good facilities, clean. Loved the bedroom being upstairs, was really cute. The hosts were really good and nice.”
- “Relaxing and enjoyable”
- “The booking service from Sykes was as efficient as ever The property was well described and easy to find. It was well set out. Possibly could have has a few teabags on arrival! Chirnside is a lovely village. Nice people, places to walk nearby and close to lots of places to visit.”
- “All we needed in the perfect location.”
- “The Coach House is attractively decorated, with a fully equiped kitchen/diner. There was plenty of space for relaxation and we especially appreciated having a seperate lounge. Located in the village of Chirnside with a Co-op, post office & butcher just down the street. Fantastic location for exploring the Border region. St. Abbs, Eyemouth, Coldstream, Berwick and more are all less than 30 minutes away. The owners as well as the locals in the village were friendly and helpful. We stayed one week and could have stayed another without running out of things to do and places to see whether you are a shopper or a rambler. The only downside is that the bedroom ceiling is very low at the sides because it is up in the roof. In fine weather there is a table and chairs outside and although the Coach House is on the owner's property you have a real sense of privacy while you are there.”
- “Cosy, clean and the location perfect.”
- “Beautiful part of the country. The cottage was central to where we planned to visit.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday at The Coach House and would recommend it to couples seeking a lovely cottage which is convenient for exploring the many coastal towns and villages, especially Seahouses. The owners of the cottage were very helpful and advised us on the best places to visit; we particularly liked Kelso, a town full of interesting family-owned shops and a pub called The Cobbles. We will certainly return to this delightful cottage. Overall, a delightful cottage in a wonderful location.”
- “Well situated for exploring the village and area. Bright and comfortable accommodation with good privacy.”
- “We had a great time. Staying at The Coach House was ideal, and central for getting out and about. We went to so many beautiful places, it is hard to pick out just one, all that we can say is that we will be going back in 2014 for a longer period!”
About the location
Duns 6 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 9 miles.
The village of Chirnside occupies an elevated position overlooking the River Whiteadder and offers stunning views across the magnificent Cheviot and Lammermuir Hills. A number of interesting landmarks depict the village's long history, including a 16th Century dovecot and a beautiful parish church, believed to date back to the 12th Century. Each summer, the Jim Clark Rally, the only 'closed roads' race on mainland Britain, takes place in and around the Borders as a memorial to the village’s home born champion. Just 9 miles away lies the charming, coastal town of Berwick, boasting quaint, narrow streets enclosed within Elizabethan walls, excellent shopping and dining facilities and an interesting arts centre. The local area affords fantastic fishing, golf, walking and riding opportunities and the nearby resorts of Eyemouth, Coldingham and Spittal offer soft, sandy beaches, ideal for a relaxing afternoon. A brilliant location for exploring historic Edinburgh, the stunning Northumberland coastline, and the attractions of Holy Island, Paxton House, Manderson, Bamburgh and Alnwick Castle. Chirnside is a great holiday location all year round.