- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Warkworth 2 miles.
A delightful, detached lodge, set in the peaceful grounds of Eastfield Hall, just 2 miles inland from the coastal village of Warkworth.
Eastfield Hall was once a grand Victorian country house and the grounds boast splendid views towards the sea.
One of a small number on the site, this large, modern, light and airy child-friendly lodge provides excellent accommodation.
Finished to a high standard, this Warkworth cottage offers the convenience of open plan living, in a lovely large room with vaulted ceiling.
This Warkworth cottage also has a relaxing conservatory with views over open countryside to Warkworth Castle and Coquet Island beyond - perfect after a day's exploring.
The bustling town of Alnwick, with its famous castle and gardens, is within easy reach of this Warkworth cottage, as is the rest of Northumberland's stunning Heritage Coast.
Numerous other castles are on the doorstep: Warkworth, Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh to name a few, and just a little further north is the famous Holy Island.
Other favourite destinations close to this Warkworth cottage are NT's Cragside at Rothbury and Hadrian's Wall.
A superb Warkworth cottage retreat.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with spacious, well-equipped fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area, leading to conservatory.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Digibox, DVD/CD, PlayStation 2
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Garden area with patio area, large front lawn, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Highly recommend, Excellent, plenty of space, very clean, good facilities. Plenty of space on the site, car parking for at least 2 cars. Location ideal for exploring local villages, beaches and National Trust, English heritage sites. Quiet and peaceful site, ideal for unwinding from hectic life.”
- “Lovely family accommodation”
- “We had a great time at Mary Rose Cottage. The lodge is lovely, very cosy with lovely lawned garden. A fabulous place to relax & unwind. We enjoyed exploring the local area, the beaches were fab.”
- “Spring break”
- “Comfortable wooden lodge very spacious rooms throughout, pleasant outlook even see the sea in the distance! Close to Warkworth local shops and couple of miles to Amble with more shops. Beach at Alnmouth and railway station about 5 miles away. Garden area in front of property suitable for children of all ages to play. Dishwasher not working while we were there but made aware of this when booking so no problem, overall very pleasant property in convenient location of beautiful Northumbria.”
- “We enjoyed our week in the cottage. It was a good base from which to explore Northumberland.”
- “Lovely quiet spot no light pollution so lovely starry nights, sea views over fields. Only 14 lodges well positioned so no overcrowding. two steps up into property no ramps. Open plan living / dining/ kitchen, 2 double and 1 bunk bed. Nice sized bathroom with shower over bath. Large lawned area to front with table and 4 chairs new portable BBQ at back to use. Large porch over front door with a 2 seater in facing into open plan area so you would have to turn it round and block entrance to have sea views. "Finished to a high standard" in the information but that was a while ago . The tv is SMALL and the furniture is a little tired. We had to clean some utensils, dining chairs (food on them) the floor in open plan area needed mopping but could not find one. These few niggles should not put you off a lovely location but in high season it is top price.”
- “The living room/kitchen is a most outstanding feature, being unusual in both size & shape and very well furnished & equipped. I would certainly recommend Mary Rose Cottage.”
- “This cottage was exactly what we wanted. There was plenty of room for the kids to play inside and outside.”
- “Fantastic location for exploring Northumberland, in glorious quiet countryside, close to some of the finest beaches in UK. Plenty of garden around the cottage for privacy. Would visit again, highly recommend.”
- “Loved the location and the property. Everything was to a very high standard and everything you needed was catered for. We have already recommended this property to friends!”
About the location
Alnwick 5 miles; Alnmouth 3 miles.
Lying in the loop of the River Coquet on the Heritage Coast, Warkworth is a picturesque village, dominated by the dramatic ruins of its 12th century castle. The history of the village and the castle are intertwined with the Percy Family who took over the castle in 1332. The Percys’ other home is nearby Alnwick Castle, most recently associated with Harry Potter as the film location of Hogwarts School. The main street is lined with Georgian and early Victorian houses and there is an exceptional range of galleries, antiques shops, a village shop/Post Office, pubs, restaurants and gift shops to suit all tastes. Warkworth has its own stretch of sandy beach and a 9 hole pay and play golf course. Also within easy touring distance are Hadrian’s Wall, Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island, the Farne Islands, several wonderful beaches and Alnwick Garden with its remarkable water cascade and Tree House Restaurant.