- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Thropton 0.75 miles.
A charming end of terrace cottage in the peaceful little hamlet of Ryehill, less than one mile on foot from the village of Thropton and a short drive from the town of Rothbury.
This Thropton cottage is in a perfect position for exploring all of Coquetdale and the Simonside Hills.
Just a short walk from the River Coquet, this Thropton cottage boasts wooden flooring throughout the ground floor and French doors from the sitting area which lead guests to a wonderful garden area.
The open plan living area has a contemporary edge to it with a corner shaped leather sofa, yet the toasty woodburner, with surrounding inglenook, reminds you that you are in the heart of the country, surrounded by fields and farmlands.
Also at this superb cottage in Thropton is a well-equipped kitchen with sleek units and a wooden worktop, whilst upstairs are two good-sized bedrooms and a modern bathroom with shower.
The village of Thropton is accessed via a delightful walk across fields and a footbridge over the Coquet or via a picturesque five-mile drive, there you will find two good pubs/restaurants, serving great food and top quality ales.
Rothbury is only a three-mile drive away with an array of shops, quaint tea rooms and traditional pubs, whilst nearby the Northumberland National Park offers great walking and cycling opportunities.
Discover NT Cragside Hall, the Simonside Hills, the Heritage Coast and Hadrian's Wall, while a short drive to the east lies Alnwick Castle and Gardens, famous for the filming of many of the Harry Potter scenes.
A lovely Thropton cottage in a great location whatever the time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Calor gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking
- Enclosed, lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 12 mins walk
- River 8 mins walk
- Note: Thropton is accessed via a footbridge, by car it is 5 miles
- Note: There is a stream which runs across the road from the property
- Note: Due to the property being situated next to a livestock farm (with sheep, cows and chickens), dogs should be kept on a lead
- Note: Water supply from spring water which is tested regularly.
About the location
Rothbury 2 miles; Alnwick 14 miles.
Thropton in Coquetdale is situated 2 miles west of Rothbury on the north bank of the famous salmon and trout river, the Coquet, and is dominated by the heather clad Simonside Hills. With its relaxing pace, Thropton is the ideal place to take a holiday. The village is accessed via a pretty, single carriage bridge which takes you over the Wreigh Burn and into the village which is small and peaceful with two excellent pubs serving good food and drink, and a village store. The nearby Northumberland National Park and Simonside Hills provide some of the best walking and cycling in the county. Nearby Rothbury has a golf course, public tennis court, cycle hire and of course the famous Cragside Hall to explore. A short drive away there is more history to explore in the delightful castles and endless beaches of the heritage coastline, including, Hadrian’s Wall and Alnwick Castle.
- Last minute