- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Morpeth 2.5 miles. A splendid, 4 star Gold Award semi-detached cottage, set all on the ground floor in a quiet cul-de-sac, in the pretty village of Tranwell near Morpeth, Northumberland.
This beautifully presented, spacious cottage near Morpeth is the perfect choice for families and friends wishing to enjoy a break in Northumberland.
Set solely on the ground floor, with an M1 accessibility rating awarded by Visit England, this cottage near Morpeth offers two attractive bedrooms, one king-size double and one twin room which can be offered as a super king-size double by prior arrangement.
There is a wet room with a walk-in shower, and a family bathroom providing the perfect place for a relaxing soak where you can relax and unwind.
In the well-equipped, modern kitchen you can prepare everything from snacks to celebratory dinners, whilst chatting to friends at the dining table or seated in the easy chairs in the sun porch.
The large sitting room, boasting a toasty woodburning stove, opens out into a garden room; this is a wonderful spot to gather together and reflect on the day's events.
On warm summer days open the garden room’s bi-fold doors, which lead to a large, enclosed lawned garden boasting wonderful views of the surrounding countryside; the perfect space for children to play in safety, while you relax with a drink and enjoy a delicious barbecue.
Take a stroll along the River Wansbeck or marvel at the ruins of Morpeth Castle with its gatehouse, the only intact part of the structure remaining.
Why not take a trip to the Morpeth Chantry Bagpipe Museum?
With the Heritage Coastline so close by, pack up your windbreaks and a picnic and head down to the endlessly long, golden beaches for fun-filled day out!
Why not go on a fishing trip or a seal watching trip?
Breathe in that fresh sea air while you enjoy the fruits of the sea, at one of the many beach cafes.
Visit Alnwick, with its majestic castle, the filming location for Hogwarts in the first two Harry Potter films.
Surrounded by glorious countryside, Alnwick is a wonderful base for walking, and admiring the breathtaking Northumberland landscape countryside.
There are a wonderful selection of independent shops to peruse in the town centre and a wide variety of restaurants and cafés to sample.
This cottage near Morpeth truly is a fantastic location for exploring the delights of Northumberland.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Wet room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove leading to garden room.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1.5 miles. Note: Property has been awarded an M1 accessibility rating by Visit England.
- “Amazing place”
- “Not sure I really want to give away how great this place is, but the owners deserve full credit for what they have done here. Everything about the place is of the highest quality, tastefully decorated, spacious, well-equipped, clean. The garden is perfectly secure for children and dogs, it is set in a quiet location but close to the A1 so easy access to all attractions. An additional bonus is the wet room, so there are 2 bathrooms and being a bungalow everything is on one level so ideal for people with mobility problems too. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ireby for a fantastic break. We hope to be back soon!”
- “Very much a home from home feeling at the property.”
- “WOW..What a lovely holiday let this is! It is warm and spacious with luxurious furnishings and picturesque views. It had a garden for our dog to enjoy and super comfy beds. Overall, you really could not ask for more; an idyllic home from home. Would be book again? Already done!”
- “Very well equipped and spacious property, extensively equipped in a quiet and peaceful location, but not far from Morpeth town centre.”
- “Unbelievable amount of living space. Loved the kitchen and utility. Bathroom and wet room excellent. Lovely secure garden for dogs. Warm cosy cottage with a lovely large TV which impressed our children. Wifi very good, another thumbs up from the children! Had an excellent week there.”
- “Peaceful rural setting yet only minutes from Morpeth town centre by car. There was an enclosed garden for our dog. The property was well equipped and spacious. The property is all on one level and most areas easily accessible for less able. Having Wi-fi access was useful.”
- “Liked the location, the décor of the cottage, the cleanliness and the overall ambience - making it a very comfortable place to stay.”
- “This bungalow is of an extremely high standard, and it is a wonderful centre for touring. We loved it and can't wait to return. Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic place.”
- “Everything was first class, it was a home from home. Could not have wished for a more ideal location to Northumberland. We cant wait to go back.”
- “A beautiful and spacious cosy cottage.”
- “Excellent standard of accommodation with very tasteful décor, furniture and soft furnishings. Everything was finished and equipped to a very high standard. In a super location with lovely views but really close to the A1, so convenient to travel up north into rural Northumberland or south into the city of Newcastle. Only 5 minutes drive into market town of Morpeth.”
- “The cottage was lovely and it was in a great place to visit beaches and parks in the area. The cottage is spacious and has everything you need, the garden is great and very secure for the pooch and it was nice sitting outside. The area is very quiet and relaxing and we would definitely go here again.”
- “This must be the best property we've stayed in. Love it and the surrounding area. Will definitely be back.”
About the location
Newcastle 14 miles; Alnwick 19 miles.
The lovely market town of Morpeth is situated centrally in Northumberland and is an ideal base from which to reach the coast or countryside. Offering the remains of an historic castle, lovely parks, riverside walks, ancient architecture and churches and an old chantry with a bagpipe museum, Morpeth is also ideal for visiting surrounding attractions such as Druridge Bay to the east, with miles of golden sands, the vibrant city of Newcastle to the south, Alnwick to the north, with its castle and gardens and the National Trust's Wallington Hall to the west. There is also access to the Simonside and Cheviot Hills, with good walking amidst beautiful countryside.