- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Plaish Park Farm Cottages
Cardington 1.5 miles. Four very special conversions in an idyllic rural setting! Three of the cottages, Grade II listed barn conversions, are on the owners' 700 acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington, with a fourth cottage, a quality stable conversion set just a few hundred yards from the farm. These quality Shropshire cottages are all full of character, with a host of features including woodburners, exposed beams and lovely views from the farm-based cottages. All guests have use of a full-size tennis court, a children's play area, ride on go-karts, two games rooms and the owners' grounds, including a private 1.5 mile farm and woodland walk, conservation area with natural pools and picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife, plus the chance to feed the chickens, and enjoy pony rides (sorry, children only!). The owners offer stabling together with hacks and cross country jumps with access to the Jack Mytton Way. The cottages are perfect for a wedding reception or celebration; as well as sleeping 31, Plaish Park Farm Cottages can cater for parties up to 200 with the option of marquees in the gardens. Central to all of Shropshire's attractions, these quality Shropshire cottages are in an ideal location for a break at any time of the year!
One of four special listed barn conversions, on a 700-acre farm in Plaish.
Plenty of character, with a woodburner, exposed beams and lovely country views.
Turnip House is linked to Corn House next door by a soundproof interconnecting door - perfect for a family reunion or celebration.
One of four superb Shropshire cottages, in a lovely rural location.
Note: This property can be booked with ref 3591, 1021 &1191 to accommodate 31.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor four poster king-size with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, basin & WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Lower ground floor fitted oak kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area with patio doors. Lower ground floor utility. Large ground floor sitting room with woodburner & patio doors with expansive views. Tiled entrance hall.
- Biomass central heating with woodburner
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, payphone, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Private patio with furniture, BBQ, shared lawn area leading to woodland walks, picnic area & conservation ponds
- Children's play area
- Shared use of full-size tennis court
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis
- Ample off road parking
- Local fishing & riding available
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pubs 1.7 miles, Church Stretton train station 7 miles
- Note: Check-in 3.30pm.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic Stay in a Great Place”
- “We were a party of 10 guys staying here - and in the connected Corn House - for a walking weekend. The properties are of a very high standard, very comfortable and in a great location. The owners of the farm are lovely and their two recommendations were great: 1. The local pub in Cardington, which does great food and beer 2. The caterers who they helped me to arrange to come in to cook a 3 course meal on Saturdya night after a long day of walking were superb. We had a delcicious meal and then all fell asleep in front of a lovely hot wood burning stove in one of the sitting rooms. To Howard and Sarah, the farm owners, thank so much from all of us! Ian”
- “Great place, time and people”
- “Couldn't have been nicer.”
- “Lovely spacious character cottage with lots of amenities”
- “We have just got back from a lovely relaxing stay at Turnip House. The cottage is very spacious with large living room & wood-burning stove, kitchen/ dining area, two double bedrooms (1 en-suite four-poster) and two twin rooms, utility area, two fridges, separate bathroom with roll-top bath. We had two patio areas with table and chairs and a BBQ. The cottage is one of 3/4 on a working farm, with lovely views over the surrounding hills. One of the highlights for me was being surrounded by the lovely animals, especially the horses and chickens. We fed the pigs and horses daily and collected fresh eggs from the chickens. It was surprisingly very peaceful. There is also two games rooms with pool table, table tennis, darts, table football etc. They are also building a large indoor badminton/ tennis courts at the moment (though we were not in the slightest disturbed by the noise). There is a 2 mile circular walk within the farm grounds, which was very pleasant. Mobile phone reception is not great in this area, but there is a pay phone within the cottage if needed. As we were staying for a family birthday, we booked a function room at the Royal Oak pub in Cardington for a meal one evening (25 people), which is a 2 mile walk from the cottage. The meal and service were both very good and we were allowed to decorate the room and bring our own cake for desert. Overall I cannot recommend the cottage highly enough and would love to come back for another visit, the only slight negative is that there were a few cobwebs in the property that perhaps are difficult for the cleaners to reach because of the high ceilings. We also found that some noise came through the walls from next door into the first floor double bedroom.”
- “Idyllic and relaxing”
- “Well appointed, comfortable cottage in beautiful surroundings. Thoroughly enjoyed our week.”
- “Everything was supplied in the cottage, it was warm clean and very comfortable. Our second and not the last visit we hope.”
- “This was a fantastic property which catered for your every need. The property was set in beautiful surroundings and had pigs, chickens and a pony which the children adored. Also there were go-karts and two games rooms which the older children enjoyed. So a fantastic find!”
- “This is a hidden gem. A wonderful peaceful location set on a working farm. We were accompanied by our daughter, her partner and our two grandchildren, aged 1 and 2 years, they thoroughly enjoyed seeing the animals and the various play activities. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and the local information supplied was excellent.”
- “The accommodations here were perfect. Everything we could possibly need was there for our use. We will definitely be back and will recommend to any other friends/family visiting the area.”
- “The sitting room is amazing, with a wonderful view of the hills, a cosy wood burner, squishy sofas and a double height ceiling. Our family loved it.”
- “Comfortable and well-equipped. The house was an ideal place for touring the area, there were many fabulous walks, places of interest and small towns within easy reach - something for everyone.”
- “It was a fantastic venue for a complete family holiday. Caters for infants to elderly. Everything you could want - games, sit and ride toys for all ages. My 20 month old granddaughter loved the cars and grandad loved the go-carts and tractors. Everything you need in the cottage - infant toys, board games, books, crayons and cuddly toys. Games room with table-tennis and billiards so ideal also for teenagers.”
- “The cottage was excellent, thank you, and we enjoyed our stay. We did not need all the facilities available but we enjoyed the views and walks. It was an excellent spot for our planned visits in the area; we hope to come again.”
- “Location is beautiful. Lots to do for all ages and plenty of space for different ages to spread out. Friendly owner family.”
- “Great location and facilities in the cottage were excellent.”
- “We have enjoyed a wonderful weekend at Turnip House. We went with our two children, their partners and our grandchildren. The house is perfect for families. The owners have clearly thought of everything you could possibly want and need. We will certainly return.”
- “Wonderful facilities, beautiful accommodation, friendly owners. One of our best ever holidays.”
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Much Wenlock 7 miles.
The pretty village of Cardington lies amongst the rolling hills of the South Shropshire countryside. Cardington boasts the oldest pub in Shropshire – The Royal Oak, mentioned in the Domesday Book! Its rural situation is ideal for sightseeing, with miles of country walks in all directions, not to mention the beautiful Shropshire hills - a draw for walkers, riders and nature lovers alike! A wealth of birdlife (including buzzards, woodpeckers and ravens) has its home here. Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Severn Valley Steam Railway, Stokesay Castle, Shrewsbury, Ludlow and the Ironbridge Gorge, with its 10 museums, are each less than 15 miles away. The attractive market towns of Church Stretton (known as "Little Switzerland" by the Victorians) and Much Wenlock are both close by and offer a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. A superb location!