- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper Hulme 1 mile. An immaculate detached countryside cottage set next to the owners' home and B&B, in a rural location at the foot of the wonderful walking area of the Roaches, a mile from the small village of Upper Hulme near Leek.
Beautiful throughout, and providing spacious, open plan accommodation, this Upper Hulme cottage is a perfect romantic hideaway in this stunning part of Staffordshire.
All ground floor accommodation accessed by just 5 steps to the patio means everyone can enjoy the wonderful views of the Roaches and surrounding countryside, and the very comfortable open plan living accommodation and king-size bedroom.
Outside, this Upper Hulme cottage has its own private, enclosed patio to sit and enjoy those wonderful countryside views.
The tiny village of Upper Hulme has a fabulous village pub serving traditional ales and wonderful home-cooked food, or why not try the delights served up in the tea shop?
Walking or mountain biking is available in abundance from this cottage near Upper Hulme.
Tittesworth Reservoir and visitor centre is within easy reach, as are the market towns of Leek and Buxton.
Alton Towers is also just a short drive away.
So, you will be spoilt for choice at this fabulous Upper Hulme cottage, perfect for couples or small families at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x compact single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front patio with furniture
- Shared hot tub by appointment
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub and tea shop 1 mile
- Note: Property is accessed via a 500-yard track, care to be taken
- Note: Cottage accessed via 5 steps up to patio
- Last minute
- “Hidden treasure!”
- “We took a short break of three nights in this delightful property. As we approached along the bumpy track we wondered what we would find at the end! A hidden treasure in the form of Hen Cloud annexe awaited us, just to the side of the owners' B & B and nestling close to the Roaches rocks and heather -covered hills. Lorna and Nick the owners welcomed us and had even left cake in the fridge for hungry travellers! The property was spotlessly clean and well laid out with everything we needed. Lots to do and see around here, whether it be walking, climbing or simply relaxing with visiting relatives as we did. Loved it and would definitely think about a return visit.”
- “Had a fantastic 3 night stay at the cottage, will definitely be returning. The hot tub was amazing.”
- “An excellent central location and a great, lovely cottage.”
- “Excellent location, many walks from the door. Very relaxing.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable with good heating and the owners were welcoming & very helpful. The cottage location is very quiet & peaceful and has direct and easy access to lovely walking country. There was secure parking.”
- “A lovely setting and lovely hosts at this cottage.”
- “We liked the warmth and hospitality of the owners. Beautiful scenery and countryside.”
About the location
Leek 4.3 miles.
Nestled at the foot of The Roaches is the charming little village of Upper Hulme. This is a peaceful setting with fabulous walks, challenging climbs or just general relaxation on offer, all just 4.3 miles from the moorland market town of Leek. The village pub serves traditional ales and wonderful home cooked food. Try the delights served up in the tea shop too. Within easy distance is Tittesworth Reservoir, with its visitor centre and many water based activities. The spa town of Buxton, famous for its warm springs, offers a host of fine eateries, good shops and a fascinating museum; and do take advantage of the Buxton Opera House, with varied and often ‘big name’ entertainment. Enjoy a thrilling day at Alton Towers with its rides, water park, spa and gardens. Follow the High Peak Cycle Trail, visit the lovely market town of Bakewell or enjoy elegant Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. Or, just explore the beauty of the Roaches. A huge array of things to see and do in this wonderful location.