- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Youlgreave 1 mile.
An outstanding, detached barn conversion cottage, set next to the owners’ own farmhouse amidst stunning Derbyshire countryside in Alport, a quiet, rural hamlet near Youlgreave.
Luxuriously-appointed throughout, this fabulous cottage near Youlgreave is situated in the heart of the Peak District.
It makes the ideal place for large families or groups of friends to relax and enjoy this wonderful part of the Derbyshire countryside.
This cottage near Youlgreave offers four comfortable bedrooms with antique beds and TV, two of which are situated on the ground floor, and two upstairs boasting wonderful open views of the surrounding countryside.
There is also a ground floor wet room and a family bathroom where you can enjoy a relaxing soak after a day of walking.
This cottage near Youlgreave features a sumptuous open plan living area, complete with stone floors, a vaulted ceiling, and exposed beams.
Whip up delicious meals in the well-equipped kitchen, plan the day’s adventures around the dining table, and relax with a good book in the sitting area boasting a large woodburning stove.
Outside this cottage near Youlgreave, a lovely large patio with furniture is perfectly positioned to enjoy the spectacular views stretching out across the Derbyshire countryside!
Pull on your walking boots, pack a picnic, and enjoy walks leading right from the doorstep.
Close by, the historic village of Youlgreave offers a small shop, an excellent butcher, a Post Office, and a number of good pubs serving food.
Venture to the market town of Bakewell and explore the larger range of amenities there.
From this cottage near Youlgreave, wonderful walking and cycling can be enjoyed throughout the Peak District National Park.
Explore the Monsal Trail and the High Peak Trail, both of which are traffic-free routes, and Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are both within driving distance.
This cottage near Youlgreave is just the place for friends and families looking for a varied holiday, at any time of the year!
Note: This property is next to Ref.
914085, together they sleep 10.
Four bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. External shared utility.
Eco underfloor heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 4 cars. Enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Coarse fishing lake on adjoining farm 5 mins walk. Note: Property accessed via single track lane. Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
Note: Until 1st January 2016, this property will have shared use of a hot tub with Ref. 914085. From 1st January 2016, the hot tub will not be available except for bookings made prior to 31st July 2015.
- Last minute
- “Superb famly getaway”
- “Wonderful location, the barn is superbly refurbished....we had a fantastic time. From the hot tub to the BBQ to the bedrooms....we had such a lovely relaxing week. Ideally located for walks in the country we will definitely be returning. Belinda and Tony are lovely too - and went over and above to return a forgotten item to me. Make sure you stay here!”
- “Heaven in the Peak District”
- “Wanted a girly weekend to catch up relax and chill. Couldn't have found a better place, hot tub was superb, the whole place was finished to the highest standard every detail no matter how small was thought of. There was eight of us but you think the cottage was catering for three times that with crockery,glasses,towels etc. on arrival there was a welcome pack of basics but also a very welcome bottle of wine and box of chocolates. My only negative it is not very well signposted which made it difficult to find especially in the dark when I arrived. A small niggle really. I would most definitely recommend the Cow Barn and I personally cannot wait to go back.”
- “A wonderfully welcoming house in beautiful surroundings”
- “The Cow Barn is exceptionally well-equipped, with generous supplies of towels, excellent cooking and washing facilities, and lots of books, games and DVDs. The house sleeps 8 comfortably and there are two very good bathrooms. The owners are welcoming and friendly. We were ever so grateful to Tony for his help with the cars when the roads became icy after Christmas. We loved the wood burner and enjoyed our cosy evenings by the fire. The hot tub was great and we made good use of it despite the cold weather, sitting comfortably in the warm bubbles while admiring the snow-covered hills (special fluffy towels are supplied!). The location is idyllic, with a number of walks starting on the doorstep and the pretty village of Youlgreave nearby. We had a wonderful family Christmas at the Cow Barn and hope to come back soon.”
- “Absolutely superb holiday let in the heart of the Peak District”
- “We booked this cottage for a family break to celebrate a 60th Birthday. We were all delighted with the cottage which has been finished to the highest of standards. The open plan living area is great for socialising and the kitchen had everything you could possible need. The wood burning stove was a fantastic feature and made the evenings in cosy and relaxing. Outside there is a large paved sitting area and just beyond a wonderful hot tub with views to die for. The owners, Tony and Belinda, were always on hand to help with any questions and give recommendations for things to do and places to eat. All in all a wonderful holiday, in an exceptional cottage. Thank you!”
- “Modern, clean with great attention to detail & large hot tub!”
- “We had a lot of choice in Peak District accommodation as we were after a fairly standard 4 be property, but after trawling through options for about 2 days I knew I had found the perfect place when I saw The Cow Barn. OK, so I had to increase my budget slightly, but it was worth it and the photos are an accurate representation of the property. It is a quality, new, building kitted out with everything you could need. But, it also has a rustic charm because it has been so well designed with stone walls and country cottage style décor. We hung out in the open plan kitchen / diner with the large wood burner. It pumped out the heat and we actually had to open a window for a while. The hot tub can easily accommodate 6 people and has beautiful views over the countryside. The hot tub was new and clean. The only slight downside to the tub was that when used for over half an hour the temperature would drop and so after a while, it was necessary to cover it up and wait for it to regain heat. But, it was a cold and wet weekend and if it had been summer this would not have been an issue. The property is situated near to the village of Alport and infact you can walk to the village pub and church quite easily (although bring a torch for dark nights). There was so much to see and do nearby. We spent a day at Chatsworth House and another day exploring Matlock and the Heights of Abraham. There were lots of walking trails and it seemed a really popular place with hikers. My husband went for a long run on Sunday morning and loved it. We had a young baby with us and the cot, bedding and high chair were provided which was great. We were all very comfortable, but the house did seem to carry noise easily so we made sure to take the baby into the sitting room in the early morning rather than wake the other guests. There is a separate studio property that adjoins the main house. We didn't see the other folk staying there except that there is a polite rota for the hut tub - they can also use it and so you can request it for a specific time. This is not an issue as it's impossible to stay too long in a hot tub anyway. All in all a very good choice of property. We will probably be booking it again next year for another family holiday. Tony was a great host and was always available should we need him....which we didn't. He lives with his wife next door to the property. Ali and Patrick”
- “Our stay was marred by having to share a hot tub that was too small for our group”
- “The Cow Barn is totally delightful There has been great thought into the decor and furnishings. The bed linen was superb. A good supply of bottled water, milk, A very welcoming bottle of wine, truffles, fresh laid eggs, tea, coffee etc and biscuits........ all a very nice touch, A plentiful supply of wood for the wood burner. Superbly large towels for use with the hot tub. Plenty of toilet roll, cleaning products and complimentary bathroom toiletries. The Cow Barn was very clean and very very welcoming. Beautifully decorated. The kitchen was very well stocked apart from only having 2 pans - not enough to cook for 8 person. but otherwise plenty of everything else There were DVDs, CDs, Books, Games TV and WiFi An obviously large amount has been spent on making this property a very high standard...... so why then is there a (very expensive) just one hot tub to share that comfortably only accommodated 4 - 6 When the cottage sleeps 8? And having to share with the annex (Cow Shed - sleeps 2) was uncomfortable. There was also the disturbing smell of bad drains that hit us every morning except our last one - it had rained all night. Would we go back? Yes if the hot tub was big enough for 8 - 10* adults and not shared. * The annex is offered as part of the Barn for groups up to 10 persons”
- “A homely feel with stunning views and exceptional attention to detail.”
- “Overall the cottage exceeded our expectations. It was of a very high standard and set in a beautiful rural location. The owners clearly take pride in the property. It was the perfect place to spend a family weekend celebrating our parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.”
- “The property was furnished and decorated to an exceptional standard. The hot tub was fantastic and the owner was on hand to offer help and advice when needed. Fabulous location also!”
- “This really is an amazing place to stay. I can't recommend it highly enough. Picture postcard property in biscuit tin scenery and the view from the back door is to die for. If I could give the place 10 stars I would.”
- “The Cow Barn was situated in a lovely location which was great for walking trails from the door. There were amazing views and very peaceful. The locals we met were friendly. We particularly loved the chickens and cows and overall we found the property a perfect spot which I'm sure we will return to.”
- “The Cow Barn is an absolutely lovely barn, we loved every second. It was warm and cosy, underfloor heating and the fire were very welcoming. The beds and bedding were so comfortable and the property is decorated perfectly throughout. The hot tub was the peak of our stay and finished it all off nicely”
- “Very friendly and helpful owner. Views from the property were stunning, in a lovely location. The hot tub was perfect!”
- “We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Cow Barn - absolutely fabulous!”
- “A fantastic place to stay in a great location! Everything you could wish for was provided. Missing the underfloor heating already!”
- “Absolutely excellent. Beautiful cottage, beautiful surroundings and the hot tub was perfect. Could have lived there. The owners were lovely too, everything we could have wished for they had already got.”
- “Wow wow wow, what a lovely property in a fantastic location. The accommodation is outstanding; it is decorated to a high standard, all eight of us did not want to leave. The hot tub, under floor heating and open fire all go to make this a fantastic property.”
- “We all thoroughly enjoyed the barn conversion and also the outdoor hot tub was a nice touch, especially in the cold snow.”
About the location
Youlgreave, 1 mile; Bakewell 3 miles; Matlock 7.5 miles; Buxton 16 miles.
Alport is nestled in some of Derbyshire's most beautiful countryside, a small hamlet scattered with farms and cottages. Close by, the ancient village of Youlgreave was once the centre of Derbyshire's lead-mining industry, winding its way along a narrow limestone shelf situated between two of the area's loveliest valleys, Lathkill Dale and Bradford Dale. Now you can grab a bite to eat in one if the village’s three pubs, there are two shops, one with a Post Office, and a delightful medieval church. Nearby, the attractive market town of Bakewell has a wonderful collection of pubs, restaurants, and shops to peruse, as well as a frequent local market. There are many walking opportunities on the doorstep of Alport, great for exploring the beauty of the Peak District National Park. Discover the stately beauty of Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall, or unleash your wild side at Alton Towers! Alport is a wonderful base for exploring Derbyshire, all year round.