- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Bank House Farm
Biggin 1 mile. A pair of beautifully-converted barns, set around the courtyard of a working livestock farm near the villages of Biggin and Newhaven between Buxton and Ashbourne. These Newhaven cottages have been sympathetically converted to retain some lovely features, including the large window which was the main barn door, and beams throughout. Prettily decorated and comfortably furnished to a high standard, and offering direct access to the garden complete with duck pond, these pretty Newhaven cottages have a real feeling of character. The open plan living areas of these Newhaven cottages feature well-equipped kitchens, comfortable sitting areas and dining areas leading to the pretty shared garden. This outside space is perfect to take in some wonderful Derbyshire views, and offers picnic tables to enjoy some lunch in peace and quiet in the Peak District countryside. The Tissington Trail is a stone's throw away from these Newhaven cottages, and wonderful walking on offer in Dovedale is not far. Discover some of the pretty villages in Derbyshire including Hartington to sample some cheese and browse antiques. Visit Ashbourne, Buxton with its fabulous architecture and, of course, Alton Towers Theme Park is within very easy reach. These Newhaven cottages really are a great base to enjoy the Peak District for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at any time of the year.
A pretty, semi-detached barn conversion on a working farm, with excellent Peak District access and good links for Buxton and Ashbourne.
Converted to include beams and a wonderful garden, this pretty Peak District cottage is just the place for family or friends to enjoy a wonderful Derbyshire holiday.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
26453, together they sleep 8.
Two king-size double bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin on request). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear patio and shared lawn with picnic tables and unfenced duck pond
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “The field just around the corner was perfect for the dogs. I loved the open plan layout of the cottage.”
- “The property was in a good situation for accessing all the places we wished to visit. Warm, spacious and well-equipped, the best kitchen in terms of equipment that I have visited!”
- “Owner was very welcoming and friendly. The cottage was fabulous and contained everything you could possibly need. All of the furniture, including the beds were comfortable. We were warm as toast and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay here again.”
- “Number 4 was well situated, it was very clean, comfortable beds, well equipped, warm and cosy.”
- “We had a fabulous time staying here. The owners were very welcoming showing us around and introducing our daughter to the animals! A very well appointed well kept cottage in an ideal location for exploring the Peak District with the furthest point only about 35 minutes away!!”
- “The property was ideally situated for touring the Derbyshire Dales area and we had a very pleasant break .”
- “A fantastic high spec cottage run by a very friendly family! The cottage pretty much contains all you need.”
- “It was a good base for exploring the Peak District. The accommodation was comfortable and clean, a great base for our holiday. The views were spectacular and the villages quaint. We were also very lucky with the weather only rained one evening and one morning. The rest of the time there was sunshine and some clouds.”
- “The cottage was clean, warm and comfortable. The location was in the area that we wanted. The owner was very pleasant friendly and helpful.”
- “Excellent location for visiting in and around Derbyshire.”
- “It was all lovely and a nice way to see in 2014! We will definitely go back there again.”
- “Ideal location for touring the area. An extremely well equipped comfortable home.”
About the location
Ashbourne 10 miles; Buxton 12 miles.
The lovely, small rural village of Biggin is situated perfectly for exploring the Dove and Manifold valleys within the Peak District National Park. The village was founded in the 13th century and is a scattered stone-built village with a church and lovely pub serving good food. Biggin is close to a national nature reserve, the wonderful National Trust owned Dovedale and the Tissington Trail, with excellent access for all for walking and cycling. The well known village of Hartington is close by, offering a wider selection of shops and amenities, including the world famous cheese shop selling the delicious Dovedale Blue. The whole area is a paradise for walking, cycling and horse riding. Buxton with its famous opera house and spa water has an array of shops and bars and is just a 20 minute drive away, while the antique searcher’s paradise of Ashbourne is also an easy drive away in the opposite direction. Visit Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, or take a trip to Alton Towers for a fun-filled day out. Biggin is perfectly placed for exploring the whole Peak District.