- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Three delightful, stone-built, Peak District cottages, in the peaceful village of Chelmorton, 4 miles from the historic town of Buxton and 7 miles from Bakewell. A lovely renovation of a traditional stone barn dating from 1837, these fantastic Peak District cottages skilfully blend original character and contemporary styling, with exposed stonework, stone flagged flooring and en-suite bedrooms, whilst enjoying an idyllic village position. All three cottages also enjoy use of a grass paddock, perfect for family games. The surrounding area offers great walking and cycling and an abundance of wildlife, from Deepdale to the summit of the Low with its prehistoric barrows, which is also well-known for its September 1000ft fell race. Perfectly placed for all the National Park has to offer, these Peak District cottages really do offer a magnificent holiday retreat.
A charming, stone terraced Peak District cottage in the heart of the village of Chelmorton.
Elegant and stylish, this superb Peak District cottage boasts stone flagged floors and a 50 inch plasma TV, as well as a garden area with furniture, perfect for relaxing with the papers on a summer morning.
A lovely Peak District cottage, not to be missed.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs.
4439 and 23919, together they sleep 10.
Two bedrooms: 2 x double, both with en-suite body-jet shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Electric central heating with electric fire
- Electric double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 60" plasma TV, Blu-ray player, DVD, PlayStation 3, radio/CD, iPod dock, small library of books/games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear and side gardens with patio area, furniture and BBQ
- Shared grass paddock to side of cottages with shared use of children's wooden play castle
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
About the location
Buxton 4 miles; Bakewell 7 miles.
The ancient, picturesque and peaceful village of Chelmorton is situated in the heart of the Peak National Park. The village boasts a lovely pub which serves excellent food. Chelmorton has a fascinating historic landscape of 'fossil' arable strips enclosed within drystone walls and the village has a lovely medieval church of St John the Baptist. Surrounded by superb walking country and within easy reach of the popular centres of Buxton and Bakewell.