- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Quarnford and Flash 1 mile. A lovely barn conversion with wonderful views over the surrounding Staffordshire and Derbyshire countryside, next door to the owners' home, on a smallholding farm with hens and sheep, 1 mile from the pretty village of Flash, the highest village in Britain, and 7 miles from the historic spa town of Buxton. Full of charm, this Peak District cottage has been lovingly converted, with a well-equipped kitchen, comfortable bedrooms and a cosy sitting room with open fire. The enclosed Peak District cottage garden is a wonderful place to play and dine, and children will love the swing and slide. Enjoy beautiful walks through the surrounding footpaths, cycling on the nearby Manifold Trail, or a sightseeing tour of the Peak District National Park. Alternatively, test your nerve at thrilling Alton Towers! This Peak District cottage is an ideal base to get away from it all and enjoy a country break.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire and sofa bed.
- Electric storage heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with video, stereo, selection of books and games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden with small lawn with swing and slide, patio area with furniture and fantastic countryside views
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “delightful relaxing stay”
- “Cottage was well appointed and spotless, set in glorious countryside on a farm. Pub with good food within reach. Buxton just a few miles away.”
- “Good value for money”
- “Easy to find, being close to a main a road. Very friendly service and excellent panoramic views.”
- “Very relaxed and pleasent stay. Location does require a car as most walks are best accessed after a short drive Bedrooms are not huge, but sufficient Kitchen/dining area and open fire in the lounge were the highlights of the cottage Limited storage for dirty boots and coats!”
- “The location was beautiful and picturesque and the cottage was light and spacious. There was a nice pub called the Knights Table a few minutes drive up the road. The owners were really friendly and helpful. The location was quiet but only a ten minute drive into Buxton. We love the area with lots of cycle routes; Monsail, Manifold and Tissington.”
- “Lovely peaceful location but in easy reach of everything needed. Fantastic views and walks nearby.”
- “A lovely, homely cottage in quiet location but within easy reach of Buxton and the rest of the Peak District. The cottage was great for children and perfect for a family holiday.”
- “Central for all tourist attractions with plenty of walks.”
- “Fantastic stay at Downsdale Cottage; we arrived to a lit open fire which was a nice little touch. It was everything we wanted and more.”
- “Great stay, excellent value for money, super clean, beautiful scenery.”
About the location
QUARNFORD AND FLASH
Buxton 7 miles; Leek 7 miles.
Quarnford is a tiny village in the Staffordshire Moorlands district of the Peak District, between the market towns of Buxton and Leek. Quarnford is also part of the village of Flash, which, at 1518 ft above sea level, is the highest village in Britain. Quarnford and Flash are situated in some of the most picturesque and unspoilt areas of the Peak District countryside. With an air of peace and tranquillity, Quarnford and Flash are in a great location to enjoy the full extent of the Staffordshire Moorlands and the rest of the Peak District. Nearby Tittesworth Reservoir is situated in superb scenery, has a wonderful children's playground and visitors centre, and is a delight for walkers, cyclists and bird watchers. Nearby, the 'Manifold Trail' follows the route of the old Leek to Manifold Light Railway, while golf, horse riding, cycling and sailing are all available within 7 miles. Enjoy a day out at Alton Towers or visit the impressive Chatsworth House and the historic town of Buxton. Also within easy reach are Matlock Bath and Carsington Water, while further afield is the market town of Ashbourne.