- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached stone-built cottage with all of the accommodation on the ground floor.
The property is close to the owners' farmhouse, on a working hill farm, and has a pleasant sunny aspect with lovely open views.
The farm is approached by a lane and is situated in the peaceful, idyllic and rural hamlet of Ollerbrook just 10 minutes' walk from Edale village.
The property has been skilfully created from the conversion of an old barn and makes a cosy retreat at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Cosy beamed living room with fitted kitchen, dining and sitting areas. Hallway.
- Thermostatically controlled heaters in living room & bedroom, heated towel rail in shower room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Use of washing machine and freezer space in owners' farmhouse
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Patio with furniture
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Railway station 1 mile
- Note: Limited mobile phone signal
- Note: Patio accessed via 5 steps down from the property
- Note: No children or infants.
About the location
Castleton 4 miles; Buxton 9 miles.
The pretty High Peak village of Edale nestles at the foot of Kinder Scout, within the Peak District National Park. The village has two pubs - both serving food - a village Post Office/general store, a Moorland Visitors Centre and (close by) a railway station. Edale is the start of the famous Pennine Way and all around is excellent walking for all abilities! Nearby is the popular village of Castleton with its Blue John Caves. The spa town of Buxton, with its many amenities, is within easy reach.
Note: No children or infants.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute