- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming stone-built terraced cottage situated in the hamlet of Foxt, in the Churnet Valley, in the Staffordshire moorlands. This traditional Staffordshire holiday cottage combines many original features with contemporary furnishings, making it a perfect base for a romantic break or holiday with family and friends. This Staffordshire cottage has two lovely bedrooms, both with original wooden floors and a feature fireplace, with the rear bedroom offering lovely countryside views. The well-equipped fitted kitchen boasts a range cooker and spacious dining area, and is a great place to relax with friends when dining in together. Guests at this cottage in Foxt may prefer to relax in the cosy rear sitting room where there is a warming woodburner and doors to the patio area and garden, which also offers beautiful countryside views. The intimate hamlet of Foxt has a traditional village pub serving real ale and good food, whilst the nearby village of Ipstones has a village shop/Post Office and two village pubs. Just a short drive from this lovely Staffordshire holiday cottage are Alton Towers, Chatsworth House, Ashbourne and Bakewell. With many lovely walks from the doorstep and numerous outdoor activities on offer close by, this is a perfect base for a memorable holiday, at any time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Range cooker with electric ovens and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside spaces at the end of the lane
- Enclosed garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 7 mins walk
- Note: This property is suitable for guests aged 18 and over only.
Note: This property is suitable for guests aged 18 and over only.
- Last minute
- “Immaculate terraced cottage”
- “Came here on holiday for a week with my husband and daughter, Beautifully decorated throughout with attention to detail. Everything was of a very high standard, all furnishings are very thoughtfully placed. The patio is lovely but the garden does need attention but it was only March when I was here. The parking is very tight so if you have a larger vehicle then it would be awkward to say the least not a problem for us though. We really enjoyed our stay, very quiet and peaceful. The views from the back of the property are outstanding looking out uninterrupted into the valley, The kitchen and bathroom are particularly lovely, and the bedrooms especially luxurious. Great retro design throughout. Lovely break, no problems what so ever. Would definitely stay again.”
- “Nice and peaceful cottage”
- “A lovely cottage in a great location and very peaceful. The description of off road parking is slightly misleading as it is a lane shared by all the other properties leaving little room for turning. Despite a problem with the fridge/freezer the owners mother was quick to help.”
- “The views from the lounge, bedroom and garden were spectacular and the furnishings in the cottage were interesting and quirky! It was very peaceful both at the cottage and Foxt generally as a village. Overall, a lovely place.”
- “The beds were extremely comfortable and the cottage was pretty much perfect.”
- “The cottage was gorgeous! So beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The beds were so comfortable and the house was really cosy and warm. We loved cooking together in the large, well-equipped kitchen. The owner was a pleasure to deal with. I'm sure we will book again.”
- “The location of the cottage was ideal for our requirements - a very quiet location with very friendly and helpful local residents. The cottage was decorated to a very high standard and was equipped with all the necessities and much more.”
- “The cottage had very tasteful décor throughout. Nicely situated with great views."”
- “It was perfectly placed for walking and had a good pub within walking distance. It was wonderful to be in the countryside but also warm and comfortable. The cottage is beautifully decorated in Victorian style. Although we went in the winter it would be just as nice in the summer as the garden has lovely views over the valley where you could sit and enjoy a glass of something.”
- “Lucky Cottage is beautifully decorated to a very high standard and the beds are probably of the highest quality we have experienced in a self-catering holiday home. The views and location are stunning. A lovely Cottage in a lovely place.”
- “My sincere thanks to the owner for putting her interior décor flair into practice, and for her attention to exquisite detail.”
- “We loved every part of the cottage! So spacious yet so cosy, and nicely decorated throughout! The kitchen was well equipped and a really good size as most kitchens are quite small in other places. The living area was nicely decorated and had a blu-ray player! The bedrooms were beautiful! The beds were so comfortable and the views (and horses) were a wonderful sight to open the curtains to in the morning! A wonderful place to stay and definitely would love to stay again!”
- “The location and cottage were perfect. It was very clean, the beds and bedding really comfortable; we had a relaxed and very enjoyable stay. There were lovely walks and beautiful scenery on our doorstep.”
- “Peaceful. Wonderful views and good walks straight from the door. Lovely village pub with friendly people. Spotlessly clean.”
About the location
Leek 9 miles; Ashbourne 11 miles.
The scattered hamlet of Foxt lies in the beautiful Staffordshire moorlands in the Churnet Valley, on the southern edge of the Peak District National Park. This rural hamlet boasts an excellent village pub serving real ales and good food, as does the neighbouring hamlet of Froghall, whilst the village of Ipstones, also close by, has a village shop, Post Office and two pubs. Foxt offers many walks in every direction to suit all tastes, as well as picturesque cycle routes and the Manifold Way is close by. Within half an hour's drive guests can enjoy playing golf at five golf courses, the nearest being an excellent course at Whiston. The area offers many ancient relics from its industrial past, namely the Caldon Canal built in 1776 and restored in 1974, which runs through the Churnet Valley and visitors can also enjoy a ride on the Churnet Valley Steam Railway. Alton Towers is just a short drive away, as are the Staffordshire Potteries, the market towns of Ashbourne and Leek, racing at Uttoxetter and the majestic Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Lyme Park (as seen on TV's Pride and Prejudice) and Blackbrook Zoological Gardens. A great base for a memorable holiday at any time of year.