- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This lovely, quirky Grade II listed terrace cottage is tucked away down a pedestrian lane and provides wonderful views overlooking the town of Holmfirth.
Enter into the kitchen, where you will find a stone floor, exposed beams and a delightful old stone fireplace with woodburning stove by the dining table.
Up to the first floor sitting room is a wooden floor, open stone wall and warming woodburning stove, from where views over the town can be seen, and from the sitting room is another staircase leading to the second floor bedroom, with mullioned windows, wooden floor and exposed beams.
This is a charming, cosy cottage complete with small patio and a low stone wall, from where views of Holmfirth can again be seen, along with hills beyond, making this a perfect place to enjoy a morning cup of tea.
The town of Holmfirth, famous as being the setting of Last of the Summer Wine, offers a selection of old stone cottages and a number of festivals throughout the year, as well as shops, pubs and restaurants.
Within reach is the wonderful Peak District National Park, along with the cities of Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield.
This is an ideal cottage for a romantic escape at any time of the year.
Over three floors. One second floor double bedroom. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor kitchen with dining area with woodburning stove. First floor sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stoves
- Gas oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking on narrow road approx
- 200 yards away on a first come, first served basis
- Additional pay and display parking in town
- Front patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to the location and the steep stairs, this property is not suitable for the elderly or those with limited mobility
- Note: Low stone wall in patio
- Note: This cottage is on a pedestrian lane, and therefore can only be accessed on foot
- Note: Although this is a no pet property, the owner occasionally stays at the cottage with their dog
- Note: No children.
About the location
Huddersfield 6 miles.
The old traditional Pennine town of Holmfirth is situated in the heart of the beautiful Holme Valley, on the edge of the West Yorkshire Pennines. The town is full of lovely old stone cottages and interesting winding streets to explore, and has numerous festivals throughout the year which include exhibits in the fields of music and the arts. Holmfirth also has a good public swimming pool and fitness centre, parks and some super shops and restaurants. Holmfirth, will be remembered by many as being the home of Compo, Cleggy and Nora Batty, from the long running comedy series 'Last of the Summer Wine', so why not join the tour which covers the locations of some of their escapades? Continuing the TV theme, the nearby Colne Valley is home to fictional 'Skelthwaite' from the successful series 'Where the Heart Is'. A lovely area steeped in history where visitors always enjoy the genuine hospitality of a thriving local community, and also close to the bright lights of Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.
Note: No children.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute