- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Wirksworth 1.2 miles. This is a charming 18th century cottage at the end of a small row, in a secluded spot, in the hamlet of Little Bolehill, on the outskirts of the lovely market town of Wirksworth. Warm and welcoming, providing cosy accommodation, this Wirksworth cottage is just perfect for couples or small families to relax in comfort, or as a base to explore the beautiful Peak District. With stunning views over Wirksworth and exposed beams throughout, this cottage includes a warming woodburning stove to enjoy after a long day in the Derbyshire Dales. Outside, across a shared cobbled pathway, is a very pretty cottage garden with lawn and a patio, where you can sit and enjoy those sunny Derbyshire evenings. Nearby, the town of Wirksworth is steeped in history, with an array of interesting architecture, good shops, pubs and restaurants, and a lively weekly market. With scenic walks, great cycling, watersports on Carsington Water and other family attractions nearby, this is an ideal Wirksworth cottage in a wonderful holiday location.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with range cooker and dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Range cooker with gas hobs and electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking, additional parking in free car park less than 50 yards from cottage. Front enclosed lawned cottage garden with patio and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 0.75 miles.
Note: This property operates on a Saturday changeover day for Christmas and New Year.
- “Really lovely cottage and a lot of care taken. One of the best I've stayed in.”
- “This is a delightful, cosy cottage within peaceful surroundings yet within easy reach of everything the Peak District has to offer. There was nothing better than to curl up in front of the wood burner after long walks in the beautiful countryside with a good book followed by a deep night's sleep.”
- “A very beautiful cottage. Immaculately clean with everything you need for the perfect relaxing break.”
- “Everything was perfect! There was a great view out of the windows of the bedrooms and from the garden into the landscape.”
- “The cottage was idyllic with amazing views and beautiful garden. It was conveniently situated for the many attractions in the area. An excellent holiday all round.”
- “The cottage provided the perfect base for our holiday. The cottage was warm and cosy, even though the weather was awful. It had everything we needed for a great week. We will happily return as we didn't have time to do the many, many things available in the area.”
- “The cottage was quaint and charming, exactly as described. It was in a wonderful position with lovely views. Sitting on the bench, by the front door, in the late afternoon sun was a delight.”
- “The cosy living room with the fire was a treat to return to, and the lovely views from the property were not highlighted enough in our opinion. Lovely stone work and beams bring a lovely feel to the place.”
- “The cottage was of a high standard and in a great location for exploring the Peak District. The neighbours were friendly and helpful and we found everything that we needed at the cottage. We would certainly use the cottage again for a return visit as we found a week far too short to cover everything that we had planned to do in the area.”
- “The cottage was superb, very clean and to a high standard with all one could want. I will be using Sykes again as your service is first class, and the cottage was most enjoyable.”
- “What a fantastic cottage, amazing views and garden. The whole family loved the stay. The cottage was cosy and everything that we needed was available. We managed to wash and dry everything before we got home. Located not far from the local shops. A nice walk through the fields via the public foot path to, 15 minutes to the village. The cottage was situated within a few miles of Matlock Bath, a beautiful town. Here we found so much to do with the family. e.g. Farms, Gulliver's kingdom, heights of Abraham, aquarium and lots of places to eat. Overall a fantastic holiday. The cottage was perfect.”
- “We had a lovely stay in the this well-furnished, clean and cosy cottage. It is well-situated near to the little town, a 20 minute walk away.”
About the location
Matlock 6 miles.
Wirksworth is a small, charming market town situated just a few miles from Matlock, on the edge of the White Peak. Wirksworth is full of character with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. The town offers a leisure centre with a climbing wall and a small trainer swimming pool, an art deco independent cinema, a weekly market and a monthly farmers' market. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient “jitties” and courtyards of the Puzzle Gardens, along with the Heritage Centre and the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water, Black Rocks and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival, and the annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Beautiful Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath, with its spectacular cable car, the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only two miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. In all, Wirksworth is a great location for a varied holiday.