- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bakewell 4 miles. A lovely, large detached house in Darley Dale, set on the main road between Matlock and Bakewell, perfect for full access to the stunning Peak District. Beautifully appointed throughout and providing contemporary accommodation, this Bakewell cottage is just the place for larger families or groups of friends to make the most of this perfect Peak District location. Set over three floors, this cottage near Bakewell has lovely countryside views from the rear, while to the front the views extend past a small factory to the Peak Rail steam railway line! This lovely Peak District cottage has five comfortable bedrooms, and downstairs, a good-sized sitting room, which has French windows leading to the garden, a great spot to enjoy your Bakewell tea or evening glass of wine! The rear garden has a lovely private patio leading to the lawn, and offers countryside views. On the doorstep, the village of Darley Dale offers good pubs, while a larger range of amenities is available in Matlock itself, or in Bakewell, both just a few miles away. From this Peak District cottage, wonderful walking and cycling can be enjoyed, with the Peak District National Park just one mile away, along with the High Peak Trail. With the magnificent Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall also within easy driving distance, just 2.5 miles away, this Peak District cottage offers something for everyone.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, double basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x second floor family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single, 1 x second floor family room with 3 singles. Second floor bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile
- Note: Some road noise may be experienced.
Note: This property was previously called Stanley House.
- Last minute
- “The bed linen was lovely and bathrooms were out of this world! There was plenty of room for all of us to sit down for dinner at the table, the under floor heating downstairs is great.”
- “A lovely property finished to a high standard. It fitted our needs perfectly.”
- “The property was well maintained and had all the facilities needed to make our stay comfortable. In particular, the arrangement of the bedrooms had been well thought out and was perfect for three generations of our family to holiday together.”
- “A lovely property in a beautiful area!”
- “It was stunning. We had 6 adults and 5 children and there was plenty of room for all of us. We would consider returning again. The bedrooms and bathrooms were beautiful and the décor was lovely.”
- “"This was a very warm, cosy, and well furnished house that easily accommodates 12. I would describe it as finished to a high spec - good value. The kitchen was well equipped and all the bedrooms and bathrooms were impressive."”
- “The cottage was ideal for our stay - plenty of room for all 10 adults and 2 toddlers. We loved the bathrooms and the layout of the lounge meant the boys could watch the telly while the girls nattered at the other end! Good location for trips out to Chatsworth, Curbar Edge, Matlock and Bakewell. Everything was nicely finished and it was great having things like bed linen, towels and cleaning things provided, as well as well stocked kitchen cupboards with pots and pans etc. We appreciated the large telly, the internet access and good parking for all our cars. We had a brilliant stay!”
- “Not only would I recommend Stanley House to friends, but I will definitely be visiting again. The accommodation was beautiful, we couldn't have asked for a nicer house to stay in for the weekend. There are shops and pubs close by for those of you who want to venture out, and for those who want to stay in and cook (even for large groups), there is a large oven AND microwave oven. The owner was extremely polite and welcoming, especially meeting us late on the day of our check in as we couldn't get there until 10pm!”
- “Modern, comfortable, warm house.”
- “We loved Stanley House! We were there for my hen weekend and found the property to be plenty big enough for the 8 of us who stayed overnight and the 12 or so people who passed through visiting across the weekend. The big living space and kitchen diner were a particular highlight as at no point were my friends split between rooms, we could all comfortably hang out in one space. Have to say the showers were also particularly spectacular, the decor was clean and modern throughout and the pictures don't do Stanley House's homely warmth justice.”
- “Everything was perfect. There was plenty of room for a family of 12, including 2 children, 2 toddlers and 1 infant.”
About the location
Chatsworth 4 miles; Matlock 8 miles.
An attractive little market town retaining a delightful rural atmosphere and offering a good selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as frequent local farmers’ markets. There is an old 17th Century market hall in the town centre and a modern leisure centre with swimming pool nearby. Bakewell is situated within the Peak District National Park and is ideally placed for exploring this beautiful region. Both the rugged Dark Peak and the softer limestone White Peak are within easy reach, and Alton Towers, Britain’s premier theme park, is only a short drive away. There are many stately homes to visit including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall to mention just a few, while the impressive caverns in nearby Castleton and Little John’s burial place in Hathersage are also well worth a visit.