- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Priestcliffe 1 mile. A superb, stone-built detached farmhouse on a remote hillside, with wonderful views across the awe-inspiring Monsal Valley, just under a mile from the hamlet of Priestcliffe, in the High Peak.
Lees Farm has been restored to provide outstanding accommodation of character and charm in the most enviable of positions.
The property boasts a spacious sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove, a cosy snug with woodburning stove, and a well-equipped kitchen with range cooker.
Walkers and mountain bikers will be spoilt for choice with many bridleways, a nature reserve and tracks and footpaths through magnificent open moors and countryside.
For those wishing to get away from it all and enjoy the peace and tranquillity, this is the one for you.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor family room with adult bunks & single bed, 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin, WC. Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower, basin, WC. Kitchen with range. Utility room. Sitting room with dining table & woodburning stove. Snug with table & woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stoves in sitting room & snug
- Range cooker, electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer (in utility room), washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power & initial supply for woodburners inc. in rent
- Additional fuel available (honesty box)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Large open grassed area surrounding property, patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, to be kept downstairs only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Property accessed via uneven farm track of approx
- 0.75 miles; can be tricky to negotiate in parts, low suspension vehicles not recommended.
About the location
Bakewell 7 miles.
Priestcliffe is a small hamlet of farms and dwellings, sited between Taddington, the River Wye and Monsal Head. This is the scenic heart of the Peak District, with high limestone hills offering fantastic walks. Monsal Head is a famous beauty spot, with a magnificent view down Monsal Dale and up the Wye Valley. The position is at a spot where the Wye, on its passage eastwards to meet the Derwent, encounters a band of harder rock and is forced to make a sharp turn southwards and carve its way through a high ridge of limestone. The view is spectacular, with the river far below, winding through a steep-sided and often rocky valley. The route of the former Midland Railway makes its way along Monsal Dale and was carried by a viaduct over the river and into a tunnel which goes right beneath Monsal Head. This is now part of the Monsal Trail, a popular route with walkers. The attractive market town of Bakewell is just 7 miles away and offers visitors a good selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as frequent local farmers’ markets. An ideal location for exploring the Peak District National Park.
- Last minute