- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, stone-built, Grade II listed detached cottage, in open countryside in the hamlet of Millthorpe, 5 miles from Baslow.
Converted from a stable block, most of the accommodation is set over the first floor, including the split-level living room with cruck beams, a cosy sitting area and a games area with a bar billiard table.
The accommodation offers exposed stonework and original beams, plus private use of a hot tub and sauna.
The lovely courtyard garden provides fantastic views, whilst within walking distance is an award-winning pub, serving real ales and fabulous food.
Within reach of the many walks and attractions of the area, this is an ideal base to get away from it all and enjoy the magnificent Peak District.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with pull-out stacker bed, 1 x twin (please note all bedrooms are interconnecting and as such can only be accessed via one another - second twin can also be accessed via external staircase). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. First floor split-level living room with sitting area with woodburner-effect electric stove and games area with bar billiard table. Private separate building with sauna, hot tub and shower facilities.
- Oil central heating with electric stove
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, ice maker, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, CD player/radio, WiFi, library of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Open courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Staircase opens directly into living area
- Note: The working stables are located directly beneath the bedrooms (stables not occupied by horses in summer months)
- Stabling available by prior arrangement
- Last minute
- “When can we go again”
- “Hosts really friendly and accommodating. One of our party got lost on the way and the owner went out to find her so she could follow him back. Spacious , warm and welcoming accommodation. Great walks and lovely views.”
- “fantastic location and lovely warm welcome”
- “we had a fantastic week made all the better for the warm welcome from the owners who called for our 3 children each morning to come and help feed the horses and tolerated our 2 year old throwing the stones from the driveway into the water trough! This barn is in a wonderful location, close to Chatworth and Bakewell, right in the Peak District with beautiful walks right opposite. we will definitely go back!”
- “Ideal getaway with friends or familiy”
- “This was the ideal location with the perfect facilities for our annual girls get-together. Kitchen was the ideal hub for us to cook and catch up as well as the more relaxing upstairs lounge area. Lots of sleeping space and 'space' in the bedrooms generally. The hot tub and sauna were in a separate barn opposite the cottage and a great facility to have on the doorstep. Set up on a higher hill there were fantastic views from right outside the front door. Ample parking facilities and some lovely friendly horses in the barn below the cottage. Bakewell is just a short drive away and was lovely for a couple of hours bumbling round the quirky little shops. Highly recommend.”
- “A beautiful cottage and a lovely friendly family, they were very accommodating. Would definitely recommend.”
- “A stunning location, the use of the hot tub and sauna were great. The owners helpful when asked anything. Would recommend and would return given the opportunity.”
- “We had such a brilliant time. The owners were really friendly and gave us a warm welcome letting us know that if we needed anything we could go see them. The cottage was beautiful and so spacious especially for six 18 year olds. The only thing we could recommend (due to our vanity/makeup application) is a large mirror :) The jacuzzi and sauna were brilliant and we had them all to ourselves for the whole week which was great! Other than that... It was excellent :) Thank You to the owners x”
- “It was a lovely place to stay, really convenient for loads of things. The children had a fantastic time on the farm, helping with the animals! The owners could not have been nicer to them. There was also was the added bonus of seven black lab puppies.”
- “Good views with plenty of walks nearby, the Family enjoyed the sauna and hot tub. The owners were on site and very pleasant, they showed us around the farm and let the three year old grandson feed the young lamb.”
- “We had the best time at The Loft. The people were so helpful and accommodating and the views and accommodation were stunning. We will definitely be back. Thank you all so much for a perfect weekend!”
- “The owner (on site) was extremely helpful, but without being intrusive. The facilities were fabulous.”
About the location
Chatsworth House 6 miles; Baslow 5 miles; Bakewell 9 miles.
Millthorpe is a small hamlet situated on a high peak between Bakewell and Sheffield, on the very edge of the Peak District National Park, and with commanding views of the Cordwell Valley. The hamlet is surrounded by undulating countryside and deep valleys, and is set amongst pretty villages made up of traditional old houses, interesting manors, village halls and old churches. There are many local amenities; the area boasts eight pubs and a number of fine restaurants, and is ideally located for exploring this interesting and beautiful area. Nearby, the impressive Damflask, Agden, Dale Dike and Ladybower dams make for an interesting afternoon's ramble, while the attractive village of Hathersage is also within easy reach, thought to be the inspiration for Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre and home to a selection of shops, pubs and inviting eateries, and a lovely outdoor lido. There are many stately homes to visit including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall, whilst the historic and ever popular town of Bakewell along with the lively city of Sheffield, are both within a short drive. An ideal location whatever the time of year.