- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kenmore 6 miles.
Superb terraced cottage located in the village of Fortingall in beautiful Glen Lyon, surrounded by stunning Perthshire scenery.
Well appointed throughout and providing comfortable and stylish accommodation, this Kenmore cottage is ideal for families or couples wanting a quiet retreat in one of Scotland’s most scenic areas.
This Kenmore cottage has two bedrooms.
The ground floor at this delightful Perthshire cottage offers a kitchen with a breakfast area, a sitting room and dining area with a woodburning stove and French doors to the patio area.
Outside this Kenmore cottage is a private lawned area with a patio and a shared lawned area, accessed by steps.
At the front of this superb Perthshire cottage there is a secluded, shared courtyard.
In the village of Fortingall is a lovely hotel with a bar and the famous Fortingall Yew, an ancient yew tree within the walls of the churchyard, believed to be the oldest tree in Europe at over 3000 years old.
Walk or cycle in beautiful Glen Lyon, fish in the spectacular Loch Tay or spend time visiting the shops, cafes and bars in nearby Aberfeldy, Pitlochry or Dunkeld.
A delightful Perthshire cottage with something for everyone throughout the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Electric heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 1 car with additional parking nearby
- Private lawned garden with patio and furniture with additional shared lawn area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 6 miles, pub in hotel 1 min walk
- Note: Sofa bed is for flexible sleeping only (no bedding provided)
- Note: Mobile signal can be variable
- Note: There are 9 open tread steps leading to the shared lawned garden and care should be taken.
About the location
Aberfeldy 6 miles, Pitlochry 20 miles, Dunkeld 24 miles.
The village of Kenmore sits at the eastern end of Loch Tay where the River Tay flows out of the loch and dates from the 16th century. Originally built on the north side of the river, the village was moved in mid-sixteenth century to accommodate a castle being built on the north shore. The relocation gave the village its current name reflecting its position on a large headland: Kenmore – ‘large head’ in Gaelic. It is Loch Tay that makes Kenmore such a popular tourist draw today with the many watersports, fishing, hillwalking and cycling activities on and around the loch. Why not visit the Scottish Crannog Centre and discover an ancient way of life in a reconstructed thatched house on stilts? Built on the loch and able to repel danger with the aid of a retractable gangway, these houses provide a fascinating insight into ancient civilisations. The village has shops, a couple of hotels and a restaurant and with the attractive towns of Aberfeldy, Pitlochry and Dunkeld nearby, the tourist is very well provided for. The area is famous for its truly spectacular scenery and whether you are on the water, in the hills or in the shops, Kenmore can provide a stunning backdrop to a very pleasant break.