- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Westhope Country Retreats
These five quality brick-built barn conversions are situated in a lovely courtyard setting on the owners' 250-acre farm, on the edge of Westhope village, just six miles from the delightful town of Church Stretton in Shropshire. Originally part of a 19th century stable block, these Westhope cottages have been sympathetically renovated and furnished to a high standard, boasting original, exposed beams and trusses throughout, yet offering all the comforts of modern living. Three of these lovely cottages boast their own private hot tubs, while all five have shared use of the games room and gym, great to while away the hours of an afternoon. Situated at the southern end of Wenlock Edge, the area offers great walking and cycling opportunities and provides a delightful location to relax and unwind. Discover the Long Mynd hills or medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury with their wonderful architecture, castles, shops and restaurants. Just 3 miles away is Acton Scott Working Farm, as seen in the Victorian Farm TV programme. With day trips to the museums at the World Heritage Site at Ironbridge, scenic rides on the Severn Valley Railway, Stokesay Castle, Wroxeter Roman City and many wonderful country houses and gardens, this great location has plenty to offer all the family.
A charming 19th century barn conversion, situated within 250-acres of farmland, in the scenic Hope Valley.
Beautifully converted to combine modern living with original character, this charming accommodation boasts en-suite facilities and offers shared use of a games room and gym, a lovely patio garden with a hot tub and country views, making it ideal for alfresco dining.
Note: Cottage is next to Refs. 2913, 12657, 12658 & 26471, together they sleep 38.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite (separate shower, basin and WC), 1 x first floor king-size double, 1 x first floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Shared games room and gym with TV.
- Oil central heating
- Double electric oven, electric hob, microwave, cafetiere, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Satellite, video, DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Shared games room with pool table, table football, table tennis, selection of books
- Gym with TV and cross trainer, rowing machine, multi-gym and weights
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed, gravelled patio garden with garden furniture, BBQ and hot tub
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 6 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: There is restricted head height in part of this property due to a low beam crossing one side of the first floor landing
- Note: For any guests who wish to use the hot tub, the owner requires a disclaimer to be signed before use
- This will be emailed to you by the owner once you have booked.
About the location
Church Stretton 6 miles; Ludlow 9 miles.
The scattered village of Westhope stands amidst rolling farmland in the scenic Hope Valley, at the southern foot of the famous Wenlock Edge. There are lovely walks with rambling and cycle trails along the local paths and bridleways, whilst many of Shropshire's main attractions are within easy driving distance. Enjoy Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland, with its antique shops and tea rooms, surrounded by the beautiful Long Mynd Hills, the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm or the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre. The World Heritage Site at Ironbridge, Attingham Park, the market towns of Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow with their medieval castles, excellent shops and restaurants are all within easy reach of this lovely part of Shropshire, as are the lovely village of Clun, the market town of Bishops Castle and Carding Mill Valley.
- Last minute