- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cardigan 4 miles.
A very pretty detached cottage set next to the owner’s home in wonderful open countryside, just four miles from the popular town of Cardigan.
This charming Cardigan holiday cottage is located in a most peaceful setting and makes a wonderful retreat for anyone looking to get away from it all.
With character beams, spacious living rooms and the added bonus of a conservatory, this cottage near Cardigan is a lovely holiday home.
Take family meals around the large kitchen table followed by a relaxing evening in the spacious sitting room with its warming woodburner, perfect for cooler evenings.
Stairs lead up from the sitting room to two charming bedrooms, both with sloping ceilings, beams and quirky low windows, whilst the bathroom has a deep bath tub; ideal for soothing muscles after an energetic day spent discovering this fabulous region.
Outside this Cardigan holiday cottage is an enclosed garden with lovely views over the fields, along with a network of over 8 miles of walks and cycling routes directly from the doorstep through countryside lanes.
Try your hand at horse riding at the local riding centre, visit one of the superb sandy beaches in the area or even walk some of the Wales Coast Path.
Also nearby are Cilgerran Castle, the market town of Cardigan and a range of delightful coastal villages.
Whatever your days are filled with, you will look forward to returning to this beautiful holiday cottage to plan the next day’s activities.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. Conservatory.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgates
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed lawned area with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Dogs to be kept on lead while outdoors due to sheep in neighbouring fields
- Note: Cottage accessed down single track lane of 0.1 miles, care to be taken
- Note: There are 2 steps down into the sitting room
- Note: Sloping ceilings and beams in the bedrooms with limited headroom.
About the location
Aberaeron 17 miles; Fishguard 22 miles; Carmarthen 30 miles; Tenby 33 miles; Aberystwyth 35 miles.
The bustling market town of Cardigan in Ceredigion is set on the River Teifi and offers an array of shops, both unique local producers and larger chain stores, as well as tea rooms, pubs, restaurants and an impressive ruined castle. Surrounding Cardigan is beautiful countryside, whilst the rugged Pembrokeshire coastline is just a few miles away. You have the opportunity to visit the Cardigan Island Farm Park, wonderful Blue Flag sandy beaches like the National Trust beach Mwnt, take a boat trip to spot dolphins and seals, or horse riding at the friendly Dyfed Riding Centre. The nearby Preseli Mountains offer wonderful walking and cycling, with some stunning views and an ancient stone monument. Within driving distance is the town of Carmarthen, Dylan Thomas' Boat House in Laugharne, Oakwood Theme Park, Blue Lagoon indoor waterpark, Folly Farm Zoo and the Welsh Wildlife Centre at Cilgerran, as well as an array of castles, mills and craft centres. Cardigan is an excellent base for exploring this part of Wales.
- Last minute