“Warm welcome from the owner. Very ...”Warm welcome from the owner. Very spacious, well-stocked and comfortable property. No problem with parking. Lovely location. Ideal for walkers and those wishing to explore the area and visit the market towns.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Gilwern 1 mile. A magnificent stone-built coach house, situated in a rural position in the beautiful grounds of the owner's home, just one mile from the pretty village of Gilwern.
The Coach House is extremely comfortable and spacious, and offers a huge sitting room with dining area and a large open fire, as well as doors on both sides, leading to the lovely gardens and patio.
Both bedrooms have exposed beams, with the master bedroom benefiting from the added bonus of a balcony with magnificent views towards Sugarloaf and Talgarth, and an en-suite shower room.
Superb accommodation in a splendid setting, this is a great place for exploring the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park, the medieval town of Abergavenny and the many picturesque villages of the surrounding area.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with small balcony and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fully fitted kitchen. Large sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD player, stereo/CD player, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Small mature garden with garden furniture (shared use of owner's large garden available by prior arrangement)
- Off road parking for two cars
- One well-behaved dog welcome (£50 refundable Good Housekeeping bond payable on arrival on bookings with a dog)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Dogs must be kept under strict control at all times.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £50.
About the location
Crickhowell 3 miles; Abergavenny 4 miles; Monmouth 20 miles.
Situated amidst the Brecon Beacons National Park, the picturesque village of Gilwern offers visitors many amenities, including traditional pubs, shops and a great fish and chip shop. The National Park covers approximately 520 sq miles, and the whole area around Gilwern is surrounded by stunning countryside, and offers excellent walking, cycling and bird watching, as well as great salmon and trout fishing on the river Usk. The medieval market town of Abergavenny, the "Gateway to Wales", is nestled between the 'seven hills' and has something for everyone, with its many indoor and outdoor markets, magnificent castle and museums. The splendid mountain known as Sugarloaf offers fantastic walks for all abilities, as well as its own vineyard, while just a few miles away, the beautiful town of Crickhowell is a must for all visitors. With its fresh mountain air and beautiful scenery this really is a great place at any time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute