- Off road parking
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Staindrop 2.5 miles.
An attractive stone-built, semi-detached cottage, rurally situated on the owners' livestock farm, 2.5 miles from the pretty village of Staindrop near Barnard Castle.
Boasting lovely views of the surrounding countryside, this Staindrop cottage is a wonderful base for family and friends to get together and explore this beautiful area.
Renovated to retain much of its original character, this traditional Staindrop cottage offers a spacious sitting room with beams and luxurious underfloor heating, whilst the kitchen has been fully modernised and is well-equipped, with a dining area and a pleasant outlook over fields.
With two bathrooms and an additional ground floor cloakroom, this Staindrop cottage provides comfortable living in an enviable quiet setting.
There are fabulous walks from the doorstep of this Staindrop cottage, and a host of historical buildings to visit nearby including Raby Castle, Bowes Museum, the ruins of Barnard Castle and Eggleston Hall.
Enjoy a stroll along the nearby River Tees or for the more energetic, follow the Teesdale Way up the valley.
A few minutes' drive brings you to the popular market town of Barnard Castle with quaint tea-rooms and antique shops lining the cobbled streets.
High Force, Low Force and Cauldron Snout lie further up the river valley and are well worth visiting, as is the charming village of Middleton-in-Teesdale.
A fabulous Staindrop cottage in a superb location.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with TV, 1 x compact adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Spacious kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room.
- Ground source underfloor heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage
- Field with children's slide and swings and for exercising dogs
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Superb master bed”
- “We stayed in the Côte for 3 weks whilst we searched for a property to purchase. The accommodation was excellent with 3 bathroom a laundry room. We made use of the extra bedrooms when oursons came for a weekend. Having lived in the area some 15 years ago we knew local attractions etc. One new attraction at Shildon the National Railway Museum is free and we'll worth a visit. The owners were helpful without being intrusive. We would recommend this Cottage to anybody looking for a excellent well equipped Cottage in wonderful surroundings.”
- “Attractive stone building with great facilities”
- “The Cote is an attractive stone building set on a farm with great views out of all windows. The facilities are of high standard with the water from all taps being extremely hot, the underfloor heating also provides you with nice warm feet after a day out in the country, especially during the winter! The kitchen is well proportioned with ample cutlery and crockery. The wooden beams give it a nice "oldy" feel whilst still appearing quite modern. Beds are very comfortable and warm.”
- “Just Brilliant!!”
- “Last minute booking at The Cote due to the owner of our initial cottage booked through Sykes Holiday Cottages being unavailable for the key collection (what a luck that was!) Booked & arrived at The Cote 2 hrs later. Wow!! The Cote is absolutely stunning..very well equipped. Beautiful location and the owners were very welcoming. Loved our stay so much we are going again in a couple of weeks”
- “try to keep me away”
- “what great people John and John and Sarah, they made our stay just like being part of the family. their hard work creating a comfortable get away on a working farm deserves all the praise heaped on them. i love the area and environment and am planning to take my grankids up next time just sitting outside watching the bat flit round your head in the evening was worth the stay. lost for words enjoy”
- “More than home from home.”
- “the cote can only be discribed as a place to recharge,relax and unwind.the property is very well laid out,great for the whole family.so comfortable,welcoming and peaceful.the owners were very helpful and welcoming.a lovely part of the country,with great places locally to see.would recommend to anyone.”
- “Great stay at lovely cottage - very friendly and relaxed”
- “Lovely cottage with everything you need for a relaxing holiday in this beautiful part of the country. The grandchildren had a great time playing in the secure field next to the accommodation and seeing the Eagle Owl was a bonus. Great walks from the door and a pretty village not far away. The owners were very friendly and helpful and the little touches like fresh flowers made us feel at home. Highly recommended.”
- “Great little cottage”
- “Very good place to stay. The owners were very helpful with arrangements and everything was exactly as we expected. Nice countryside setting, with some strolls straight from the door. Staindrop itself is a lovely village, with some nice shops/eateries.”
- “The Cote was in excellent condition, the heating was efficient, the layout suited our needs. The laundry/ utility room was excellent for drying clothes.The master bedroom bed was superb we slept well every night.”
- “The house was very clean, comfortable and located in a very peaceful spot. The owners were friendly and had provided everything needed for a good holiday.”
- “A beautifully renovated cottage that is very comfortable. It had the best bed I have had slept on in a holiday cottage. The cottage had everything we needed.”
- “Great house in a great location. Parents and children all had a great time for the second year in a row and we would highly recommend.”
- “An excellent property on a working farm. The owners were very welcoming, and the property is well appointed and to a high standard. I can't recommend it enough!”
- “The owners were very friendly and accommodating. They even provided some indoor and outdoor toys for the children and allowed us to visit their lambs. The cottage was well equipped and had everything we needed for an excellent holiday.”
- “Beautiful cottage in a beautiful part of the country with amazing views. Went for a relaxing week and definitely enjoyed that. Lovely to be on the farm when all the new lambs were there - so cute. Enjoyed lots of lovely walks across the bountiful farmland with the dog.”
- “The owners were extremely obliging, helpful and friendly. We had a lovely relaxing break.”
- “The Cote is magnificent. The views and the area are a dream. Very well equipped with anything you could think of including extras like games and toys for the children – both indoor & outdoor. Friendly and accommodating hosts is an understatement. Well recommended.”
- “Everything about The Cote was superb. The accommodation was of a very good standard and the welcome we received from the owner and his family was very friendly. We would recommend the accommodation to anyone and would happily return to stay there again.”
- “Excellent accommodation, lovely surrounding countryside and the friendliness and kindness of everyone on Friarcote Farm was lovely.”
- “The situation was lovely - surrounded by lovely countryside and good walks close to the property. Central to investigate a wide area.”
About the location
Barnard Castle 5 miles; Durham 20 miles.
The pretty Teesdale village of Staindrop has always been closely associated with the fortunes of nearby Raby Castle and its owners. The Castle (open to the public) is one of the most grand in England. Enlarged and beautified over the centuries, the medieval heart remains and a walled garden and 200 acre deer park add to the splendour. Staindrop has many interesting shops, pubs and cafes set round its long village green. The popular market town of Barnard Castle is 5 miles away, with its castle, the Bowes Museum, plus of course its wide range of shops and tea rooms. Walkers will enjoy the many walks around Teesdale.