- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful stone-built, end-terrace cottage situated above the banks of the River Wharfe, 4 minutes' walk from the centre of Grassington. Lovingly decorated with wooden flooring, 1 Bridge End provides superb accommodation over four floors, boasting a woodburner-effect stove in the dining room, a fabulous sitting room with magnificent views of the river and surrounding dales and a warming open fire. The village offers a large variety of well-stocked and distinctive shops and pubs as well as art galleries and there are beautiful walks along the river to Linton Falls, as well as challenging walks in the nearby hills. Grassington is also the home to the popular annual Grassington Festival or travel back in time and enjoy the delights of the Christmas Dickensian Festival. With fishing and pony trekking, Bolton Abbey, the Yorkshire Dales National Park and Skipton all close by, this lovely property makes an ideal touring base!
Over four floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x lower ground floor twin, 1 x 1st floor king-size double, 2 x 1st floor single, 1 x 2nd floor compact attic twin (limited head space and storage). Bathroom with corner bath, power shower over, basin & WC. Additional separate WC & baby basin. Ground floor shower room with power shower cubicle, basin & WC. Compact shaker-style fitted kitchen. Dining room with gas woodburner-effect stove. Sitting room with open fire.
Gas central heating with gas stove in dining room, open fire in sitting room. Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, small library of books/games. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Spacious south west-facing garden overlooking river with furniture, BBQ & summerhouse. Off road parking for 2 cars. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops & pubs 4 mins walk.
Note: Weeks commencing 4th, 11th & 18th December 2015 charged at £655, due to annual Dickensian Festival.
- “This was one of the best houses we have stayed in. It is in an excellant position, only a couple of minutes walk from Grassington and with spectacular views. The house itself is decorated beautifully and is very comfortable. It was also reasonably priced for the size and condition of the house. I would recommend 1 Bridge End to anyone wanting to visit Grassington and we hope to stay there again.”
- “We loved the décor, it was particularly tasteful and reflected a high standard of interior design. We also loved the garden space and aspect overlooking the river.”
- “The house was in a great position overlooking the River Wharfe and close to the village. The views from the lounge were excellent and there were a lot of walks that we could do directly from the house.”
- “Property was lovely and felt at home straight away, perfect location for large mixed groups due to the bedroom/bathroom options.”
- “This is a fabulous cottage with amazing views. One of the highlights of our week was sitting in the garden in the sunshine. The house was beautifully furnished and decorated and had everything we needed. Being able to walk from the door was brilliant so we kept car use to a minimum. We hope to return next year. Thank you.”
- “Good location, flexible accommodation with 5 bedrooms, great views, lovely village. The house had a very homely feel.”
- “The view of the river from the lounge was stunning.”
- “We had a great weekend and a much-needed break, thank you! The property had a lovely feel to it and we'd definitely recommend it to family and friends, and think about a return visit.”
- “The view from the house is incredible. Having BBQs in the gorgeous garden, looking over the river whilst drinking cold lager is one of the highlights of my summer. Highly recommend this property.”
- “The house was in an excellent position with stunning views and a lovely garden.There was no need to use the car for the shops or the amenities. One of our best holidays.”
- “The cottage suited ALL our needs. The dining area was lovely and cosy and had a table large enough to sit us all. We all loved the view from the cottage, we spent nights in enjoying good local food and wine watching the wildlife and river. We went on many walks around the cottage and visited the local hostelries where we enjoyed the drink, food and company of the locals. I would highly recommend this cottage.”
- “The view was the best of any holiday property we have ever stayed in and the house felt very generous and homely to our large family party. We were able to walk with our dog straight from the door. Fantastic.”
About the location
Skipton 9 miles; Ilkley 12 miles.
Grassington is one of the most charming villages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Traditional stone cottages and shops are clustered around the cobbled market place, offering exceptional shopping facilities for a village of this size, with a monthly farmer’s market offering a mouthwatering range of organic and homemade local produce. Situated on the River Wharfe, with the extensive Grass Woods to the north of the village, this is a superb walking area. Down dale is Bolton Abbey with the Abbey ruins, the Priory and the famous “Strid Walk”. A little further is the elegant town of Ilkley, overlooked by the famous Ilkley Moor. Up dale are Kettlewell and Buckden boasting spectacularly beautiful limestone scenery. With many other beauty spots scattered throughout Wharfedale, Grassington provides a great base for exploring the local area and all that the Dales have to offer, with Brontë Country and York also being within easy motoring distance.