- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautiful stone-built end-terrace cottage in the heart of Grassington, one of the most popular villages in the Yorkshire Dales.
Completely renovated, this Grassington cottage provides excellent holiday accommodation in one of the Yorkshire Dales’ premier destinations.
This Grassington cottage features a stylish kitchen with a partial glass roof, which brings a lovely bright and cheery feel to the whole room, whilst a stable door provides access from the kitchen to the south-facing patio outside this Grassington cottage.
The spacious sitting room with lovely beams and a cosy woodburning stove is a delightful space to relax and unwind, and admire the views through the feature window across the outskirts of Grassington and to the hills beyond.
Upstairs, there is a large master bedroom with super king-size bed, a double room and a single, all offering good views across the village and surrounding countryside.
A wonderful base, this Grassington cottage is just the place for a family or couples to enjoy this beautiful part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
This wonderful Grassington cottage is just a two-minute walk from the famous village centre with its old curiosity shops, excellent local pubs, good eating establishments and, of course, the old cobbled square where the annual Dickensian weekends are a real show-stopper.
Add to this the annual Grassington Festival and the close proximity of many of the Dales' famous tourist locations and you have a Wharfedale cottage that ticks all the boxes.
The area is a walker's paradise, with beautiful walks in the village surrounds, as well as more challenging walks into the nearby hills, while the Dales Way passes right by the front of the house.
A lovely Grassington cottage, ideal for country living at its very best.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars adjacent to cottage
- Side patio garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: Children aged 5 and over only due to open tread stairs and wide banisters
Note: A bungalow is to be built by neighbours across the road from The Shippon during winter 2015/16. At present, we do not have precise dates but when building commences, regulations for the site require that work should not take place before 8am.
- “A nice quiet cottage just a couple of minutes from the village. It was a good idea to have WiFi, this came in very handy as mobile reception was poor. The views from the cottage were fantastic, and there was a good bus service if you wanted to see around the area without driving.”
- “Lovely walks, lovely area and a beautiful cottage to relax in.”
- “A quiet location, superb beds and pillows, and quality furnishings and equipment. It was extremely well equipped, had parking and was close to amenities.”
- “Perfect cottage, everything needed was provided and it was minutes from the village centre.”
- “Very comfortable cottage in a good location. Convenient for the village of Grassington and there were many walks from the cottage door.”
- “This was a stunning property, the nicest we've stayed in - just wish we could have stayed in more! Great setting too.”
- “Very high standard of equipment & furnishings. There was even bird food to top up the feeders!”
- “A lovely place to stay in every respect.”
- “This cottage was perfect in every way, from location to the very highest of standards. Parking is excellent.”
- “I just want to say how fantastic the cottage is and how spotlessly clean everything was. We will certainly stay again in the future.”
- “Really enjoyed our stay, the furnishings were first class, there was everything you could want in the cottage and it was very central. A very warm, comfortable cottage. Would certainly recommend The Shippon to family and friends.”
- “The cottage was perfect, we can't wait to return.”
About the location
Skipton 9 miles; Ilkley 12 miles.
Grassington is one of the most charming villages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Traditional stone cottages and shops are clustered around the cobbled market place, offering exceptional shopping facilities for a village of this size, with a monthly farmer’s market offering a mouthwatering range of organic and homemade local produce. Situated on the River Wharfe, with the extensive Grass Woods to the north of the village, this is a superb walking area. Down dale is Bolton Abbey with the Abbey ruins, the Priory and the famous “Strid Walk”. A little further is the elegant town of Ilkley, overlooked by the famous Ilkley Moor. Up dale are Kettlewell and Buckden boasting spectacularly beautiful limestone scenery. With many other beauty spots scattered throughout Wharfedale, Grassington provides a great base for exploring the local area and all that the Dales have to offer, with Brontë Country and York also being within easy motoring distance.