- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful end-terrace cottage, a converted workshop dating back to c.1860, set back in a quiet area of Skipton, yet just a two minute walk from the main high street.
This Skipton cottage provides welcoming accommodation in an enviable position, commanding long distance views over the town towards the church, castle and the surrounding fells.
Refurbished to a good standard, this Skipton cottage features an open plan, split-level living area with a sitting area with woodburning stove, a dining area and a well-equipped galley kitchen, along with a ground floor bathroom with multi-jet shower system and a spacious super king-size double bedroom.
Skipton, well known as 'The Gateway to the Dales' offers Skipton Castle, one of Britain's finest examples of a medieval castle, as well as an historic canal basin, from where boat trips can be enjoyed.
Skipton also boasts shops, restaurants, tea rooms and a traditional market selling fresh produce.
Close by there are excellent cycling routes and a number of walks, from easy rambles to challenging fell walks.
A Skipton cottage, which provides a warm and cosy romantic retreat.
Over three levels. One super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC (on kitchen level). split-level open plan living area with galleried kitchen on higher level and dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove on lower level. Note: From the front the property is accessed via an external staircase of 10 steps leading to the sitting/dining area. The kitchen is accessed via 5 steps up from the sitting/dining area. The bedroom is accessed via steps up from the kitchen/bathroom level. Note: The kitchen and bathroom are at ground level when the property is accessed from the rear.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Wood for stove available on site on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Garage/secure storage available for motorbikes/bikes etc, plus off road parking for 1 car
- Small front patio area with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: The garage is on the ground floor when you access the property from the front, via the external staircase
- From the rear of the property, guests have access to the kitchen from street level (drop off point only)
- Note: Babes-in-arms and children aged 12 and over only
About the location
Grassington 9 miles; Harrogate 20 miles.
Known as “The Gateway to the Dales”, Skipton is well placed for visiting all that the Dales has to offer, whilst York, the Lake District and the West Coast are also within easy motoring distance. This lovely market town has much to interest the enthusiastic visitor, boasting an ancient castle open to the public, a beautiful old parish church and a colourful market occupying the cobbled setts each side of the high street. In 2008 the Academy of Urbanism voted the High Street the best shopping spot in Britain, and The Copper Dragon/Greyhawk Brewery is highly rated in the CAMRA listings. Steam railways with regular excursions are available at Embsay and Bolton Abbey, and the Leeds to Liverpool Canal passes through Skipton with the 1 mile long Foulridge Tunnel and the 5-rise locks at Bingley within a short travel. Golf, swimming, squash, tennis and snooker are all available locally and the excellent public transport means the car can be left at home!