- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bridgwater 4 miles.
This quaint old farm cottage annexe is attached to the owner's home, located in a quiet rural hamlet just four miles from the historic town of Bridgwater.
Full of character and charm, this Bridgwater cottage provides cosy accommodation for a family.
There is a cottage-style kitchen/diner on the ground floor which opens out to the sunny patio and large garden.
On the first floor of this Bridgwater cottage is a spacious sitting room with two sofas and a king-size double bed, plus a twin bedroom and a bathroom.
From this cottage near Bridgwater there are some lovely views towards the Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the friendly local pub is only a ten minute walk along a quiet road.
Ideally located for hiking, horse riding, angling and cycling in the beautiful Quantock Hills, this Bridgwater cottage is also situated close to Enmore Golf Club.
Wander through the lost garden at Fyne Court, a beautiful National Trust property nearby, or take a trip to the stunning rocky beach at Kilve, part of a long stretch of coastline which is a SSSI.
A stay at this lovely Somerset cottage will provide plenty to occupy the family.
Mostly first floor. One twin bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with king-size double bed.
Oil central heating. Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio ,WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate. Off road parking for 2 cars with undercover parking for motorbikes/bicycles. Side patio with furniture plus shared use of large lawn. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Children to be supervised in the lawned garden due to steps, drops and water hazards including an unfenced pond.
- Last minute
- “Wow what a contrast to a busy life style”
- “We have had a brilliant week here at Little Dixie, relaxing and taking in the sights. Paul and Irene have made the cottage a warm and welcoming place to stay for us and our pets. What a wonderful welcome, greeted on arrival, cups ready for coffee, cake on the table, milk in the fridge, herb scented displays in the kitchen,chocolates upstairs and even chews for the pets, they had thought of everything. The cottage was well furnished and well equipped right down to smallest detail. The Weather was kind to us all week and as Little Dixie is well situated for numerous Somerset attractions we made the most of it. From a lovely lunch in nice surroundings at Tiffanies on the grand pier in Weston Super Mare to an extreme challenge in Cheddar climbing Jacobs Ladder. As National Trust members we also made the most of the numerous National Trust properties in the area. If we were to visit this area again we would definitely book Little Dixie. We will be recommending Paul, Irene and Little Dixie to all our friends and family. Thank you Paul and Irene for making our stay a pleasant one. Bob, Brenda and pets Sooty and Muffin.”
- “We couldn't fault it”
- “We were so lucky to find this lovely cottage. It has everything you could wish for, well furnished rooms, beautiful views ...and the owners were on hand with advice about the local surroundings.”
- “Lilttle Dixie- a great base for a peaceful holiday in the Somerset countryside”
- “The owners have a lovely garden, they were happy for us to share and were especially helpful researching local riding stables for us; there is a folder full of useful local information including lots of walks and also information leaflets and booklets. The cottage was much more spacious than we expected from the description, with huge amounts of storage space. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean and fresh. Also great views from first floor, quiet setting away from road and very interesting countryside. Good child friendly second bedroom. We had a very enjoyable and sunny week. A highly recommended place to stay, particulalry for pet owners and those on a budget”
- “What an absolute dream of a break; fantastic accommodation in a beautiful part of the world.”
- “We are a family of four with two pre-teen children and we have just returned from a wonderful week in Somerset staying at Little Dixie. What an absolute dream of a break; fantastic accommodation in a beautiful part of the world. We arrived to find a welcome gift on the kitchen table, freshly cut flowers, milk in the fridge and chocolates in the adult’s bedroom, a nice touch after a long drive. The cottage is a real home from home with everything you could want in the very well appointed kitchen and bedrooms – including plenty of wardrobe space with hangers provided. There is a very sweet courtyard garden outside the kitchen window with table and chairs for al fresco dining. With a lovely stable door to the front of the cottage we had a wonderful view of the blue sky from the breakfast table each morning. The owners, who live in the adjoining cottage, have provided an informative guest folder with local details, walks and attractions as well as a Visitor’s Book. However first-hand knowledge is always a bonus and they were really happy to help with any of our queries. They had some great tips for us about local places to eat out and visit with the children, some off the beaten track that we wouldn't have found without their direction. We cannot speak any more highly of this cottage and location, a beautiful split level rear garden with fruit trees, a pond and an abundance of beautiful flowers, plants and birds. The views over the Quantock Hills, the stunning sunsets and star filled skies drew us into the garden night after night. Now we are back home – suburbia just doesn’t seem the same. We can’t wait to go back.”
- “The setting of the property was second to none, it was peaceful with a stunning outlook. Everything you could possibly need was supplied. Possibly the most relaxing holiday we have ever had.”
- “Superb location and an outstanding cottage.”
- “Liked everything, it would be hard for it to be better.”
- “The layout of the accommodation could not have been better, with fantastic views from every room - whether it was the colourful garden or the natural horizon. The local knowledge of the owner was excellent, allowing us to experience visits we would have missed.”
- “Wow, what a lovely welcome, such a lovely friendly couple. Little Dixie was perfect, extremely clean and well thought out. We had a lovely stay at Little Dixie with picturesque views from inside and outside the cottage. It was perfectly situated for all attractions of Somerset and further afield. We definitely will be returning to Little Dixie again in the near future, and would definitely recommend Little Dixie to everyone. We would definitely rate Little Dixie more stars than what is stated, it was perfect! Thank you so much for such a lovely holiday and everything you did for us!”
- “We had a very warm welcome from the owners and they were helpful and attentive throughout our stay. High standard of cleanliness, plenty of towels, good quality bed linen and an exceptionally comfortable double bed. The views were a constant delight and the location was brilliant for us; peaceful and rural but not far away from places of interest, pubs, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Little Dixie to others.”
- “Lovely cottage in a great location close to the Quantock hills.”
- “The hosts were so warm, friendly and welcoming. They made my stay with them like a 'home from home'. They shared their invaluable knowledge of the area and recommended places to visit. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and my bedding and towels were changed weekly. The views from the accommodation are second to none and I was extremely happy and comfortable staying there. I didn't want to leave!”
- “We really enjoyed staying here. The owners had thought of absolutely everything which we could have wanted and were on hand to give us any information we needed. The cottage was lovely and warm and the views over the hills were lovely. We would definitely stay there again.”
- “The property was well situated for exploring North and Mid Somerset. The cottage was set in a rural location, remote and quiet and yet it was only minutes from the town of Bridgwater with all its amenities. The owners were exceptional in ensuring our stay was a pleasant one. They had thought of everything. The property was well furnished, decorated and extremely well equipped, it was like a home from home.”
- “Location, views, cottage & owners, all 1st class”
- “This was an absolute gem of a place. Excellent does not really do it justice. Loved it so much. Just perfect. One of the best places we have stayed in and want to go again. A big fat thank you to the owners for making us so welcome. x”
About the location
Burnham-on-Sea 9 miles; Glastonbury 10 miles; Taunton 11 miles.
The town of Bridgwater is an interesting destination with a bustling shopping centre. Being situated close to the Mendip Hills in the North and the Quantocks to the West, the town has several buildings of historical interest, an excellent selection of restaurants and pubs and is notable for the annual Bridgwater Illuminated Carnival in November using over 20,000 light bulbs resulting in a mesmerising display of colour, sound and entertainment. Cheddar is only a few miles away as is Glastonbury, home of King Arthur and pop festivals. The fascinating wetland areas surrounding Bridgwater are internationally renowned for wintering wildfowl and wading birds and support numerous species of breeding birds. Nearby Shapwick Heath is an excellent example of a wetland nature reserve well worth a visit, as is the Steart Marshes on the Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve comprising of 2564 hectares of bird and wildlife havens. Bridgwater offers the holidaymaker a rich variety of activities both rural and urban and is conveniently placed for all visitors.