- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Situated in the heart of Cark in Cartmel, alongside the River Aye, this recently refurbished ground floor mill apartment offers superb accommodation.
Much care and attention has been given to ensure maximum comfort to guests staying at this Cark self-catering apartment, which makes an excellent base for families and friends.
With views across the river, the sitting area provides luxurious leather sofas to sink into at the end of the day.
Outside this Cark self-catering apartment there is a terrace with furniture - a perfect place to sit with a glass of wine and listen to the river rushing by.
The village of Cark has an excellent pub, village store and children's playground, while medieval Cartmel, home of the delicious sticky toffee pudding, is just 2 miles away, with its 12th century Priory.
Nearby is Holker Hall and Gardens, the home of Lord and Lady Cavendish who welcome visitors of all ages to one of the best-loved stately homes in Britain.
Grange-over-Sands, a tranquil and charming Edwardian resort on the Cumbrian coast is also just on the doorstep, and not forgetting the Lake District of course, with its wealth of beautiful and stunning scenery!
This Cark self-catering apartment is a welcoming year-round base.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with HD TVs and river views: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over and basin. Separate basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Utility room.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 42" plasma TV with Freeview, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD player, books/DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Additional z-bed available. Off road parking for 2 cars. Walled front terrace with furniture and river views. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1 min walk. Note: The owners live on the upper floors. Note: Cartmel Races weeks 2015 charged at £650.
- Last minute
- “First Class”
- “Quiet, peaceful location. Just metres from river Eea. Top quality furnishing and fittings. Within easy walking distance of. Engine Inn, good ale and CAMRA discount, and Rose and Crown, good food. Perfect base for Southern Lakes.”
- “Superb rental property, a great find!”
- “This is a lovely ground floor apartment, extremely well furnished and equipped. Two well furnished and comfortable bedrooms, ideal for four adults. Large modern kitchen and dining area, large lounge and flat screen television, comfortable seating , all in all a very smart and cosy rental showing good taste by the owners. No dishwasher, but fridge and separate freezer which was very useful.”
- “An excellent stay, in an excellent area, in an excellent apartment”
- “The ground floor 2 bedroomed apartment was ideal for us and our two pooches. First visit to Lake District and its amazing. Apartment is well placed to explore the area. The apartment has all you need including a good utility room for muddy boots! And a fab coffee machine! Would have liked an enclosed garden for the pooches but that definitely didn't spoil anything. Cartmel has the best cream tea too! The pub on the hill did slightly better food that the Engine Inn over the road but both served good ale! We've had a fabulous week, despite a couple of rainy days and the apartment was part of that!! (A bottle of white wine was left for us too which was a nice touch).”
- “Dogs holiday”
- “Beautiful apartment. Well equipped - even had a freezer which was great when we wanted to take meat home from an award winning butcher in Grange. Quiet. very good neighbours who are like your own personal tourist info guides. We didn't meet the owners until the day before we left when they happened to be out talking to the neighbours. Would definitely go there again. Our dogs were very welcome especially in the local pub across the road.”
- “Exceptional accommodation”
- “Cottage more then we expected, was more like a 4 star hotel, location beautiful, people very friendly, local pub & shop all you needed. Dogs enjoyed it to. Great Base for touring. Will definitely be going back next year.”
- “everything you could want in a holiday.”
- “we enjoyed the whole experience. good pub up the road. lots of places to visit. plenty of room in the cottage. facilities inside the cottage were excellent. good for disabled as its all on one level. the only downside was that we would have liked a little bit more outside space, as we had two dogs with us.”
- “It was really welcoming, with lovely little touches. We would definitely come again!”
- “This was a fantastic cottage, hence we have booked again next year.”
- “The holiday home was superb in every way. The village location is excellent with great pubs, bakery and corner shop. A very relaxing holiday.”
- “It was first class, no complaints what-so-ever. The best holiday let we have ever rented. It was in a good location and quiet.”
- “The cottage was perfect in every way. The village was very quiet and we were able to relax and enjoy the short break, only wish it could have been longer. We would love to return in the future.”
- “We particularly like the standard of The Old Mill, location and proximity to two very nice pubs. Lovely walks on door step.”
- “We loved this property. In a superb position for touring the Lakes, this area is really lovely, so nice to have the sea. Morecambe Bay views were beautiful in the Winter sunshine. All in all a great holiday!”
- “The entire holiday was better than we expected. Couldn't fault the cottage at all. Very good location.”
- “Location was perfect, property was excellent, seemed to be no expense spared on the decor and furniture in property. Really, really, really excellent.”
- “The property is immaculately clean, we could not find fault. Everything you need is here. We will highly recommend this property to friends and family.”
- “The cottage is in an excellent location and very comfortable. We were blessed with good weather but had it not been we would still have enjoyed our stay. It is the best dog friendly we have stayed in to date and will no doubt return.”
About the location
CARK IN CARTMEL
Cartmel 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 16 miles.
Cark in Cartmel is a small Lakeland village just two miles from Cartmel, one of the prettiest villages in the Lake District. Cark is well served by the Furness line railway, and features pretty streamside strolls, lovely walks to the local coastline, overlooking Morecambe Bay, two fine traditional old pubs and a scattering of small shops. It is a very short stroll from here to Holker Hall, the stately home of Lord Cavendish, whose house, gardens and deer park are open to the public. Nearby Cartmel offers quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, charming gift shops, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ales, and the nationally acclaimed Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside or visit The National Hunt Racecourse, the Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition and the Lakeland Motor Museum, all close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings, mountain backdrop, fabulous sea views, promenade and two golf courses is 4 miles away. Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.