- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a lovely end-terrace, Victorian fisherman's cottage, at the end of a private lane and close to the seafront in the popular village of East Runton near Cromer in North Norfolk.
A well-presented East Runton cottage, this is the perfect base for a family looking to enjoy a peaceful holiday with all the coastal benefits nearby, including building sandcastles with the children and paddling in the waters of the North Sea.
The seafront offers cliff edge views with seating, thereby providing an ideal spot to take in the stunning seascape.
Guests can enjoy spending time together in front of the warming woodburner in the open plan living area, or alternatively, relax in the garden with a drink and discuss where you would like to visit on your Norfolk holiday.
The three bedrooms guarantee guests a restful night sleep after busy days out discovering the area.
East Runton has many shops, pubs and its own sandy beach with lifeguards.
The nearby coastal town of Cromer has a variety of cafes and restaurants to enjoy where you can sample the popular Cromer crabs and there are also many shops to browse in the town centre.
For those who enjoy exploring a bit further afield, a bike ride along the North Norfolk coastline will leave you with fantastic holiday memories, visit the seals at Morston or enjoy a journey in a steam train at nearby Sheringham?
Whatever it is you choose to do on your holiday, you will love returning to this lovely East Runton cottage.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, Sky, DVD, CD, iPod dock, Nintendo Wii, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, pub and coast 2 mins walk. Note: The stairs in the property have a handrail and thick tread for extra grip, however they are fairly steep and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility. Note: Outside and to the rear of the cottage, there is a right of way which leads to other cottages. Note: There are 10 steps from the right of way which lead to the private garden.
- “One of the best”
- “A true gem. Warm and cosy. Everything had been thought of, for a comfortable stay. Spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, we instantly felt at home. Dog friendly too. Owners very helpful, we honestly couldn't have wanted for anything. Location ideal, close to the beach, yet tucked away in a quiet corner of the village. Parking has been mentioned, and I would say, as long as you are a confident driver, the short reverse to the cottage shouldnt be an issue.”
- “North Norfolk at its best”
- “Excellent property,good location,nice garden,very good value,the only negative is parking suitable only for small vehicle but otherwise highly recommended”
- “Fantastic Holiday”
- “This cottage is a home from home, everything you require, beautiful decorations, spotlessly clean. Welcome tray was very welcome and such a lovely touch. We had such a wonderful week, hope to return soon. The owners have done a great job.”
- “lovely place to stay”
- “The property was lovely clean with everything thought of including the dogs. The only downside was the parking and the bathroom being downstairs. Would definitely recommend one of the best cottages we've stayed in :)”
- “Beautiful little cottage.”
- “I always want to say beautiful little cottage but it isn't really as it sleeps 6. Its in a lovely location, really handy for the beach and a couple of nice bars/restaurants. You need to be good at reversing to get parked but its worth while as its a nice quiet little cul-de-sac. Everything is quite newly renovated in a vintage seaside style and its one of the most well equipped cottages I've been in. There was a welcome tray with tea, biccies and wine and even something for pooch. The stairs are quite steep which is something to be aware of. The bed was really comfortable at first but the plastic backed mattress protector soon made us hot an sticky - I realise this is probably a necessary evil but perhaps there is an alternative which would prove more comfortable. That said, I would definitely return to the cottage and recommend it to everyone.”
- “A really lovely cottage in a great and peacefully quiet location with friendly neighbours. The cottage is literally yards from the beach and has great access to local public transport. Parking was easy, the facilities were excellent and the design of the cottage made it feel like a home from home. I would definitely consider booking this place again. The owners gave clear instructions on accessing the keys and left a useful folder of information on equipment in the house. Very, very recommended.”
- “Loved the location as it was near to the beach & plenty of places to eat. Loved the fact that it was dog friendly & the welcome pack was for the dog & people. The garden shed had everything you need as did the house. It was very well furnished with extra touches.”
- “From start to finish, this cottage holiday was amazing. The cottage was cosy warm, clean & had all home comforts. Special mention to the enclosed garden, it was a massive plus to feel comfortable letting our 2 springers out for a play. They are our babies and our priority. Overall, would highly recommend this cottage and its surroundings. Get it booked. We're looking for next year as it gets booked up early, we know why!”
- “The standard of décor was lovely in the cottage and the log burner was particularly welcome. The beds were very comfortable as well. The proximity of the cottage to the beach was great - 2 minutes and you were there. Overall it was lovely and comfortable and we enjoyed our stay very much.”
- “A very relaxing and homely cottage with extremely comfortable beds! Everything you need is provided.”
- “Melinda Cottage is lovely and a very high standard, can not fault it at all. Very central location, close to everything but also tucked away from beaten track so very quiet. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- “The property was perfect. We had two dogs with us and they were very well catered for. They were left dog blankets, a chew each, and a water bowl. We had a very good break.”
- “The Cottage was clean and welcoming.”
- “The cottage was the best I have stayed in. It was decorated and furnished to a very high standard. The seating and beds were very comfortable and the pillows and bedding were of a high standard. Ornaments and pictures very nautical with humorous wooden signs around the cottage. The garden was a great size and good for the dogs. Location was superb with shops, beach and great pubs within minutes.”
- “This cottage has been beautifully renovated with much attention to detail. The beds are very comfy, as is the sitting room furniture. It was very peaceful being tucked away at the end of the lane, yet the little shops, cafes, pubs and the beach are literally just steps away. The dog-friendly beach was heaven for our black lab. Free WiFi and the Wii was heaven with 2 teenagers in tow!”
- “A perfect cottage in a wonderful location with great weather (for December). There was nothing not to like.”
About the location
Cromer 1.5 miles; Sheringham 3.5 miles; Holt 9.5 miles.
East Runton is a small village, set near the North Sea in Norfolk and was once a traditional fishing village. The village now boasts its own shops, pubs, fish and chip shop and a lovely sandy beach with lifeguards. Nearby East Runton is the popular coastal town of Cromer with a beautiful Victorian pier offering visitors the chance to see theatre shows, visit the museum and also the RNLI lifeboat station. This area of North Norfolk has many different places of interest worth visiting, including local golf courses at West Runton, Cromer and Sheringham and the popular National Trust Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall. East Runton is a lovely village and ideally located for discovering this wonderful part of Norfolk.