“lovely place to stay”The property was lovely clean with everything thought of including the dogs. The only downside was the parking and the bathroom being downstairs. Would definitely recommend one of the best cottages we've stayed in :)
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a lovely end-terrace, Victorian fisherman's cottage, at the end of a private lane and close to the seafront in the popular village of East Runton near Cromer in North Norfolk.
A well-presented East Runton cottage, this is the perfect base for a family looking to enjoy a peaceful holiday with all the coastal benefits nearby, including building sandcastles with the children and paddling in the waters of the North Sea.
The seafront offers cliff edge views with seating, thereby providing an ideal spot to take in the stunning seascape.
Guests can enjoy spending time together in front of the warming woodburner in the open plan living area, or alternatively, relax in the garden with a drink and discuss where you would like to visit on your Norfolk holiday.
The three bedrooms guarantee guests a restful night sleep after busy days out discovering the area.
East Runton has many shops, pubs and its own sandy beach with lifeguards.
The nearby coastal town of Cromer has a variety of cafes and restaurants to enjoy where you can sample the popular Cromer crabs and there are also many shops to browse in the town centre.
For those who enjoy exploring a bit further afield, a bike ride along the North Norfolk coastline will leave you with fantastic holiday memories, visit the seals at Morston or enjoy a journey in a steam train at nearby Sheringham?
Whatever it is you choose to do on your holiday, you will love returning to this lovely East Runton cottage.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, Sky, DVD, CD, iPod dock, Nintendo Wii, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and coast 2 mins walk
- Note: The stairs in the property have a handrail and thick tread for extra grip, however they are fairly steep and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Outside and to the rear of the cottage, there is a right of way which leads to other cottages
- Note: There are 10 steps from the right of way which lead to the private garden
About the location
Cromer 1.5 miles; Sheringham 3.5 miles; Holt 9.5 miles.
East Runton is a small village, set near the North Sea in Norfolk and was once a traditional fishing village. The village now boasts its own shops, pubs, fish and chip shop and a lovely sandy beach with lifeguards. Nearby East Runton is the popular coastal town of Cromer with a beautiful Victorian pier offering visitors the chance to see theatre shows, visit the museum and also the RNLI lifeboat station. This area of North Norfolk has many different places of interest worth visiting, including local golf courses at West Runton, Cromer and Sheringham and the popular National Trust Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall. East Runton is a lovely village and ideally located for discovering this wonderful part of Norfolk.