- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A delightful, terraced, stone-built former fisherman's cottage in the seafront hamlet of Burnmouth, overlooking tranquil Burnmouth Bay.
Positioned right by the sea, this traditional fisherman's cottage offers spectacular views around the bay from both the seating area at the front of the cottage and from the raised garden to the rear.
This Berwickshire cottage offers welcoming accommodation for holidaymakers.
There are three bedrooms, each with sloping ceilings and wooden beams, providing a traditional, seaside cottage feel, while the open plan kitchen with dining area centres around a cosy, woodburner, ideal for warming cold fingers and toes after an invigorating day by the sea.
Outside your Burnmouth cottage is a tiered garden, an ideal spot to relax and take in the wonderful views after a day exploring the area.
Visit Berwick-upon-Tweed, just 6 miles away, or venture to Holy Island, St. Abbs or the Farne Islands.
With the historic and cultural delights of Edinburgh only 40 minutes away by rail there is no shortage of things to do from your Burnmouth cottage.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburner. Sitting room with open fire.
- Electric heating with woodburner in kitchen and open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter packs for woodburner and open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Tiered lawned garden to rear with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 15 mins walk up 300ft hill
- Note: Due to the proximity of the 6ft high sea wall and the cliff side garden, young children must be supervised at all times
- Note: The rear access road is steep but usable
- Alternatively, you can also use the private road which runs level from the Harbour to the front of the cottage
About the location
Berwick-upon-Tweed 6 miles.
The tiny fishing hamlet of Burnmouth enjoys an idyllic location at the foot of the picturesque cliffs of the Berwickshire coast. Uninterrupted coastal views, an interesting rocky shoreline and quaint fishermen's cottages are just some of the features that give Burnmouth its enchanting appeal and in the summer grey seals can often be sighted in the sheltered bay. There is a pub about half a mile away at Upper Burnmouth, and shops in Eyemouth, 3 miles away, and Berwick-upon-Tweed, (with its complete Elizabethan Town Walls), is just 6 miles away. Holy Island, St Abbs with its spectacular diving, the Farne Islands, the wonderful beaches and castles of North Northumberland, and the rolling countryside of the Scottish Borders are all within easy driving distance. Why not visit the vibrant capital city of Edinburgh, only 40 minutes away by rail from Berwick.
- Last minute