- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A delightful, terraced, stone-built former fisherman's cottage in the seafront hamlet of Burnmouth, overlooking tranquil Burnmouth Bay.
Positioned right by the sea, this traditional fisherman's cottage offers spectacular views around the bay from both the seating area at the front of the cottage and from the raised garden to the rear.
This Berwickshire cottage offers welcoming accommodation for holidaymakers.
There are three bedrooms, each with sloping ceilings and wooden beams, providing a traditional, seaside cottage feel, while the open plan kitchen with dining area centres around a cosy, woodburner, ideal for warming cold fingers and toes after an invigorating day by the sea.
Outside your Burnmouth cottage is a tiered garden, an ideal spot to relax and take in the wonderful views after a day exploring the area.
Visit Berwick-upon-Tweed, just 6 miles away, or venture to Holy Island, St.
Abbs or the Farne Islands.
With the historic and cultural delights of Edinburgh only 40 minutes away by rail there is no shortage of things to do from your Burnmouth cottage.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburner. Sitting room with open fire.
- Electric heating with woodburner in kitchen and open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter packs for woodburner and open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Tiered lawned garden to rear with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 15 mins walk up 300ft hill
- Note: Due to the proximity of the 6ft high sea wall and the cliff side garden, young children must be supervised at all times
- Note: The rear access road is steep but usable
- Alternatively, you can also use the private road which runs level from the Harbour to the front of the cottage
- Last minute
- “Lovely cottage in beautiful location with everything you need”
- “We're just back from staying in this cottage. When we arrived we were impressed with the views. It is on the shore and the views are amazing. We were incredibly lucky with the weather. The kids were on the rocks exploring every day - the rocks are accessed by climbing down a ladder, not for the fainthearted. The cottage is really well equipped any dish you may need, iron, ironing board, TV, washing machine I could go on. It's 5 min drive from Eyemouth and about 10 from Berwick upon tweed. The only downside is the access road is steep and narrow. But what do you expect for such tranquility. A gorgeous, clean and incredibly well equipped cottage I think we'll be back.”
- “Beau chalet "pêcheur", situation exceptionnelle à proximité de la mer”
- “Le vrai charme d'un cottage en bord de mer, situation incroyable en bas de la falaise, les pieds dans la mer, jardin en terrasses à l'arrière, étendue de rochers à marée basse idéale pour la pêche aux crustacés, endroit très calme, super équipé, jeux pour tous les âges, DVD/CD, très propre, lits faits, linges et serviettes de bain fournis, finalement très bien situé pour toutes nos excursions et visites. En prime : supermarché et piscine couverte à Eyemouth (5 min en voiture).”
- “This cottage was beyond anything we had imagined.so clean and well equipped. So cozy with both open fires lit. Beautiful setting at the bottom of coastal cliff. Evan managed it up the steep hill to visit the pub near by! Can't wait to go again”
- “Beautiful location”
- “What a beautiful veiw! The cottage was perfect, and the area was just what we were after. We look forward to returning some time soon!”
- “We loved our stay here. Early in the morning it was paradise to sit right by the sea in front of the”
- “But once the neighbours on either side woke up with all their children on either side it got very noisy. There was no privacy outside. And the cars drove right past the front door so you had to be careful not to step out quickly. We went for lovely walks. The restaurants and pubs served great food. Early evening we sat the top of the delightful garden (to get a phone signal and 3G) but each time at about 6pm had to go indoors and shut bedroom windows because of the heavy smoke and fumes from the house next door's chimney (Number 10). It was really bad. Clean. Well equipped. The owner v helpful”
- “Sea views.”
- “Lovely location right by the sea. Not a beach though and not suitable for small children, but a lovely old cottage nicely renovated.”
- “Loved the aspect and the quaintness of the cottage.”
- “The cottage is absolutely fabulous and the location, right on the shore as the name suggests, is wonderful.”
- “It is a really tranquil place, perfect for recharging batteries and for getting out of the busy city.”
- “A beautiful cottage on the seashore, which doesn't feel a million miles from the fisherman's dwelling it once was. It's been sensitively refurbished with every comfort you could possibly need including two fires and a wonderful selection of books, dvds and cds, for a relaxed and idyllic holiday.”
- “Beautiful cottage with a stunning view. It had everything inside that you could possibly want and the owner was very friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic time and will certainly be going again. Superb all round.”
- “Superb location and cottage. Beautiful views and a cosy, comfy break. Couldn't fault it!”
- “Beautiful location with the sea just outside the cottage.”
- “We loved Shoreside, the location is second to none, stunning views with plenty of facilities a short drive away. The cottage is ideal, not massive but it has everything you could need, it was super clean and the beds were lovely and comfy. The children loved the ladders down to the beach and the amazing rock pools. We're just sorry it's booked up all summer, we'd go back tomorrow. Thanks to the owners for a lovely holiday.”
- “Lovely cottage - full of character, especially liked all the items with a seaside theme. The log fire made the cottage cosy and welcoming. In a great Location - only a few steps to the beach. Quiet and restful place, we would definitely visit this cottage again.”
- “The cottage completely met our expectations. We particularly loved the shoreside location and we were welcomed by a lit stove fire. There was a good supply of wood and coal, for both kitchen stove and lounge open fire to keep us going on the first evening. The kitchen was very well equipped and the bedrooms were well sized with plenty of pillows and spare blankets.”
About the location
Berwick-upon-Tweed 6 miles.
The tiny fishing hamlet of Burnmouth enjoys an idyllic location at the foot of the picturesque cliffs of the Berwickshire coast. Uninterrupted coastal views, an interesting rocky shoreline and quaint fishermen's cottages are just some of the features that give Burnmouth its enchanting appeal and in the summer grey seals can often be sighted in the sheltered bay. There is a pub about half a mile away at Upper Burnmouth, and shops in Eyemouth, 3 miles away, and Berwick-upon-Tweed, (with its complete Elizabethan Town Walls), is just 6 miles away. Holy Island, St Abbs with its spectacular diving, the Farne Islands, the wonderful beaches and castles of North Northumberland, and the rolling countryside of the Scottish Borders are all within easy driving distance. Why not visit the vibrant capital city of Edinburgh, only 40 minutes away by rail from Berwick.