- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Forest Lane Farm Cottages
Two delightful semi-detached barn conversions, located in the heart of Tideswell Moor in the Peak District National Park. Comfortably furnished throughout to provide cosy accommodation with traditional features, these Tideswell cottages are perfect for those looking for a retreat in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside. With two bedrooms at each of these Peak District cottages, families are well catered for, as are groups of friends who want to discover this magnificent region. There are shared grounds at these Tideswell cottages, with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. Tideswell has a selection of good pubs, fine local restaurants, individual curiosity shops and an ice cream parlour. Beyond Tideswell, the whole of Derbyshire and the Peak District are just waiting to be explored, with excellent walking and cycling on offer. The spa town of Buxton is just a short drive from your Tideswell cottage, while the imposing Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are nearby, along with a fantastic array of attractions to take your pick from!
Surrounded by countryside, this semi-detached Tideswell cottage has ceiling beams and a traditional quarry tiled floor in the living area, whilst the first floor has wooden floors, giving a real feeling of charm throughout.
Outside this Derbyshire cottage is a large shared patio as well as a paddock area and your own private footpath!
A lovely Tideswell cottage for your Peak District break, all year round.
Note: This property is next to Ref.
29546, together they sleep 10.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, 1 x twin (zip/link can be super king-size double on request) with folding bed. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area. Shared utility with WC.
Electric storage heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of freezer and washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, radio. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared front patio with furniture and paddock across the lane. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “A fabulous location looking out over peaceful farm fields. It was very well located for access to major roads in the Peak District, yet tucked out of the way. Our hostess was delightful, and extremely helpful. We had a wonderful stay and can highly recommend The Dairy.”
- “The cottage was set in a beautiful location with stunning views. The cottage was comfortable, clean and had good facilities.”
- “A brilliant location to enjoy the Peak District from. A nice cosy cottage with excellent facilities. Stayed with two dogs and they loved every second.”
- “Superb location with excellent views across the countryside. Central for everywhere we wanted to go. The Dairy was equipped with everything you could possibly need and was comfortable, warm and cosy. The owners were so very welcoming and helpful we could not have wished for a more friendly atmosphere and they even offered help with access if it was necessary as the snow was very deep.”
- “The cottage was fantastic and came complete with home comforts. A truly lovely location with excellent commodities and more!”
- “We loved the cottage! If you are looking for a peaceful and quiet place to rest - this is great location and cottage. Our dogs loved it too.”
- “The cottage was ideal. Very cosy. Close to the centre of the Peak District. Allowed me to bring two dogs and a baby and catered for very well. The owner was very helpful and friendly and even looked after our baby whilst we unpacked. The surrounding area is fantastic.”
- “Fabulous location. Comfortable cottage. A few little extras like toiletries were much appreciated. Would recommend to others without hesitation.”
- “A great host, very welcoming, the owner went out of her way. My dog loved the paddock. It was wonderful being in middle of nowhere - so peaceful.”
About the location
Bradwell 3 miles; Tideswell 3 miles; Buxton 10 miles.
Situated at the heart of the Peak District National Park, this area of outstanding natural beauty lies sandwiched between the pretty Peak villages of Bradwell and Tideswell. Offering a selection of shops, fine country inns, excellent restaurants and bountiful scenic trails, the area provides an ideal base from which to explore the Trans Pennine Bridleway. Tideswell is nearby, boasting a fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as ‘The Cathedral of the Peaks’, as is Bagshawe Cavern, reached by 130 steps, a reminder of the area’s mining history. Travel just 3 miles to the picturesque village of Castleton, overlooked by the crumbling Mam Tor or ‘Shivering Mountain’ or visit the famous Roman Spa town of Buxton within a 15 minute drive, with its fantastic facilities and stunning architecture. An excellent base from which to explore all of the Peak District.