- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Ore Valley Cottages
Little Glemham 0.75 miles. These converted stables are situated on the owner’s arable farm in the heart of rural Suffolk, just under a mile from the village of Little Glemham, and five miles from the town of Saxmundham. Offering a high standard of accommodation, these Little Glemham cottages are an ideal base for couples who want to enjoy a mix of the Suffolk countryside and coast, as well as the nearby towns and villages. Set around a communal landscaped garden with lots of outdoor seating, barbecues, meadow walks, and a large pond, these Suffolk cottages are perfect for getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Within walking distance of these cottages near Little Glemham is the village pub, where you can sample the local beers on offer, or why not visit Glemham Hall, which is set in over 300 acres of beautiful Suffolk countryside and hosts regular events throughout the year? From castles to coastline, villages to festivals, cycle paths to golf clubs, this part of Suffolk offers it all. These are superb cottages, ideal for your Suffolk getaway.
This exceptional three bedroom cottage has been carefully renovated to offer spacious accommodation with far reaching views from the upstairs lounge across the lawns and lake.
Set over two levels with all bedrooms and bathrooms on the ground floor, versatile zip/link beds and a first floor open plan living area and kitchen, this is a lovely Suffolk cottage.
There are a number of exceptional places to eat within 15 minutes of the barns so you can enjoy a meal out after a day exploring.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs.
28095, 28097, 28484 and 912561, together they sleep 18.
Three ground floor bedrooms: 2 x twin (zip/link, can be king-size double on request), one with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shared utility. Shared external games room with snooker, table tennis and darts.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer in shared utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Shared lawned garden with patio, pond, furniture and BBQ (available on request)
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Large unfenced pond in shared garden, children and pets to be supervised
- Note: WiFi can be slow.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous peaceful location”
- “Punch cottage is part of a converted stable block on a working farm. The countryside location is fantastic and the accommodation very good indeed. We went with our daughter, son-in-law, 20 month old granddaughter and dog. Everyone enjoyed their stay enormously. The cottage is comfortable with a very well equipped kitchen and a BBQ in the communal courtyard. Because the grounds and views are so beautiful & outdoor tables are provided we ate in nearly every night except when we had fish & chips in Aldeburgh! There is a play area with swings, slide & climbing frame as well as a couple of large sit & ride tractors next to the cottages, which our granddaughter loved. There is also a Games room with table tennis, snooker table & numerous board games, plenty to keep everyone amused. The very large pond in the grounds proved to be very attractive to our dog as we had a hot week but luckily the owners do not mind this. I think that this is one of the most dog friendly cottages we have stayed in with lovely walks across the farm where well behaved dogs are allowed to be off the lead. The local pub which is about a mile away is very welcoming and there are plenty of places to eat out if you want to. All in all we would thoroughly recommend Punch Cottage to any family.”
- “A dog's paradise”
- “It is becoming harder to find good accommodation that allows pets these days. Punch Cottage allows two dogs, so was an excellent choice for us, two couples with a dog each. It truly is a paradise for dog owners away from home, with no restrictions on the lovely walks within the grounds, all safe and manageable. The cottage is part of a small complex of five properties, all sizes, private yet still sociable. It is furnished in a comfortable style, well equipped and with dog friendly floors. Hanging space in the bedrooms is very limited but the beds are excellent! The last point is very important as we have stayed in properties where the quality of the beds is the last consideration and it can often spoil an otherwise good holiday for those with back issues! We had good weather, plenty to do and a fun week.”
- “Perfect location”
- “We have just spent a lovely week at Punch Cottage. It is located just off the A12, north of Woodbridge. It's a modern barn conversion, part of 5, and my mother loved the fact that she had the original harness hooks in her bedroom! Cleaned up of course!! It deserved it's 5 star rating as it was spotless, nicely furnished, not too showy so you felt at home. The kitchen had everything we needed, including tea, coffee, bread and milk which was a bonus. A lovely start to the holiday. Both bedrooms were comfortable if a little lacking on hanging space in one room. The bathrooms were generously proportioned too. The owners were very helpful and friendly. We had a problem at first with wifi, but that was sorted. A warning to people with Apple, my iPad could not pick up the wifi but the laptop did? Not a problem to 3 pensioners but may be a factor for others. If booked throug Sykes please be aware that your Satnav will take you to the next farm and also that the complex is called Ore Valley, which is not mentioned on the directions sent. The main accommodation is on the first floor, which gives amazing views over the surrounding area, consisting of a huge pond/lake which was occupied by swans, ducks and canad geese. Mesmerising watching them come and go. The 5 units had joint use of a well equipped laundry room, including washing line and a games room with table tennis, games etc. Being so close to the A12 all local visits were easy to find. Sutton Hoo was my favourite but there were plenty of places to visit within an hour's drive. All in all a fabulous place to spend a week, not matter what your age.”
- “This was a lovely complex. Very private despite the other cottages. Thoroughly deserved its rating.”
- “A lovely cosy, well appointed cottage which was very comfortable, clean and welcoming. The gardens were stunning and the views to die for.”
- “A very comfortable cottage set in lovely grounds. In a very good location for exploring the Suffolk coast.”
- “The position is idyllic for walkers and is very dog friendly with a beautiful garden, lake and a large enclosed area where dogs can be let free, as well as designated short walks around. The accommodation is perfect, very comfortable with every facility you could wish for. The owner made us very welcome upon arrival. The kitchen is very well equipped and there is a great choice of local restaurants and pubs all within easy reach. I would highly recommend Punch Cottage to anyone as there is also a playground for children with a games room, and everything has been thought of. All in all, perfect.”
- “Top notch accommodation, it was well appointed & lacked nothing. Glorious setting & surrounding countryside. We were on a walking holiday & found loads of walks in the locality, there were also plenty of good restaurants in the area. The owners were very discreet but always available if needed.”
- “The property was so well equipped, the owners had thought of everything. The beds were so comfortable and the place was spotless. The games room, play area and grounds were also wonderful. Absolutely thrilled with our stay.”
- “Excellent quiet location and outlook over the pond. Having the games room is a good insurance policy for bad weather though we didn't require it as we were out walking every day in excellent weather for the time of year. All the Suffolk highlight towns and villages are within an easy drive. Walks can be taken from the Cottage and it's possible to do lovely circular coastal walks with fantastic views.”
- “How does one improve on perfection. Excellent holiday! Will be using Sykes again without doubt. Roll on next year. Many thanks!”
- “One of the best cottages we have stayed in. The owner was very helpful and the games room was an absolute bonus. A lovely quiet location with excellent views yet close enough to the local attractions so as not to feel isolated in the country. A place we would fully recommend and would return to.”
- “The cottage was lovely as were the gardens around the property. The facilities were well thought out. The games room was well stocked with a wonderful variety of games available. The owners also provided a BBQ. As an added bonus the weather was brilliant! The owners were also very helpful.”
About the location
Wickham Market 3 miles; Saxmondham 5 miles; Woodbridge 8 miles; Aldeburgh 9 miles; Ipswich 16 miles.
The delightful rural village of Little Glemham is the perfect place to stay in order to explore this part of Suffolk. Boasting character and charm, Little Glemham offers a pub that hosts regular quiz and music evenings, as well as serving excellent meals, plus there are a number of footpaths and cycleways that can be enjoyed from the village. Glemham Hall set on the edge of the village is an historic house with gardens, which hosts regular events through the year, including folk festivals, outdoor Shakespeare plays, and is licensed for weddings. The quaint town of Wickham Market is within easy reach and here you will find shops and tea rooms. The historic town of Woodbridge is eight miles away and is set on the banks of the River Deben, renowned for is harbour with sailing boats, riverside walks and The Tide Mill, one of the oldest tide mills in the UK and the subject of many paintings and photographs. There are many other interesting places to visit in this part of Suffolk, including National Trust owned Sutton Hoo, English Heritage Framlington Castle, and the nearby heritage coastline.