- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming, stone-built, semi-detached cottage sits in a peaceful, rural setting by a river in the small hamlet of Whaw, just in front of the owner's property and only five miles from Reeth.
Decorated to a good standard, this character Arkengarthdale cottage is located in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park, and is ideal for any group looking to explore this scenic area.
With original beams throughout, plus Yorkshire stone adorning the ground floor, this Arkengarthdale cottage exudes traditional charm.
Retaining much of its original character, the ground floor of this cottage in Arkengarthdale boasts a lovely sitting room with a feature fireplace containing a cosy woodburner, a separate snug and a farmhouse-style kitchen with dining area.
There are three comfortable bedrooms available on the first floor sharing a family bathroom, and a delightful patio garden to the rear which provides an ideal place for relaxing in the sun.
This cottage in Arkengarthdale is set in a wonderful rural location, and with the fells on the doorstep, guests will find some of the best scenic walks available in this wonderful part of the Yorkshire Dales.
There is a fine country pub recognised for serving wholesome fare and real ale, just two miles away from your Arkengarthdale cottage.
Just short drives away are the market towns of Leyburn, Barnard Castle and Richmond to explore.
Aysgarth Falls, Semerwater and Hardraw Force are all nearby, making this Arkengarthdale cottage a perfect base for enjoying the many attractions and scenic splendour that this area offers.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner. Snug.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, telephone for landline calls only, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for woodburner on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Roadside parking
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 5 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: There is no mobile phone signal.
- Last minute
- “This holiday cottage was superb, everything you could want and more.”
- “Stunning scenery and great walking right from the front door. Walking books and maps at the cottage introduced us to some new areas. Good sitting by the fire at the nearby Tan Hill Inn feeding an orphan lamb. A good location and a comfortable cottage.”
- “A wonderful place to spend some time, either a weekend as we did, or even longer. The cottage was immaculate, wonderfully warm and inviting. the owner has done a wonderful job in the choice of décor for the cottage. The North Yorkshire Moors National Park is spectacular and well worth visiting at any time of the year.”
- “A beautiful cottage and location. Very relaxing and very well presented, all the comforts of home and lots of lovely little touches to make us very welcome.”
- “Riverside Cottage was an excellent choice for a New Year Break. The standard of furnishings and utilities was excellent. The provision of high quality bedding, towels and bathrobes was greatly appreciated. The rural setting and dog friendly house was wonderful for us with 4 us of age ranges from 42 - 83 years old. By far the BEST place we have stayed - truly wonderful and we will definitely be back”
About the location
Langthwaite 3 miles; Richmond 17 miles.
The unspoilt Arkengarthdale hamlet of Whaw is in the heart of TV's "James Herriot Country" and is surrounded by spectacular countryside. Arkengarthdale joins Swaledale just five miles down the road in the popular village of Reeth, making the area a great base from which to explore all that the Yorkshire Dales has to offer. Nearby Langthwaite has a pub, and just outside the village is another inn offering good, hearty food. Pony trekking and equestrian activities are also available in the area, whilst the ancient market towns of Richmond, with its splendid castle, Barnard Castle, and Leyburn are all within easy driving distance.