- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A magnificent, 17th century Grade II listed, semi-detached farmhouse, in the pretty village of Newbiggin, a few minutes' walk from the village's traditional pub, 7 miles from Leyburn.
Full of character and charm, this Newbiggin cottage boasts many original features such as old beams, fireplaces and mullioned windows, and seamlessly combines these features with modern-day comforts.
This is a first-class Newbiggin cottage, with a beautiful enclosed garden and wonderful views across the magnificent North Yorkshire countryside, as well as a lovely sitting room with woodburning stove, a ground floor bedroom with shower room, a spacious kitchen/diner with Rayburn stove and three delightful first floor bedrooms.
Enjoy beautiful walks through the old village of Newbiggin and nearby West Burton, or take a sightseeing tour of the wonderful Dales National Park, including Buckden, Kettlewell, Aysgarth and Grassington.
With the market town of Leyburn within easy reach, this is an ideal Newbiggin cottage for family and friends to enjoy a break in the country.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single, 1 x twin, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, and TV. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating powered by Rayburn with woodburning stove
- Rayburn, electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, phone with honesty box
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent, towels available to hire at £2 pppw
- Cot and highchair
- Babysitting service by prior arrangement
- Off road parking for 2 cars, ample roadside parking
- Storage for bikes
- Large, enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 7 miles, pub 6 mins walk
- Note: The ground floor bedroom and shower room in this property may be suitable for accompanied disabled - please contact office for details.
About the location
Leyburn 7 miles; Hawes 9 miles.
In lower Bishopdale, where the glacial moraine and drumlins cause small undulations in the landscape, the village of Newbiggin nestles close to the valley floor on the south side of the dale. Although Newbiggin means 'New Buildings', the term is relative since here are some of the finest examples of 17th century dwellings in the Dales. This pretty and ancient village in the heart of Wensleydale is situated in truly beautiful countryside, with old stone cottages set out in a long line through a minor road that wends its way through the village. This is a walker's paradise, with wonderful Dales countryside, magnificent views and the small, but spectacular Cauldron Falls still delighting visitors since the days when the great artist, J M W Turner, captured its watery magic. The local pub is set on the outskirts of the village and serves fine ales and excellent homemade cuisine. There is also an excellent range of amenities in the nearby market towns of Hawes and Leyburn.