- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive, spacious detached stone-built Victorian cottage, a short walk from the town centre of Alloa, just 7 miles from the historical city of Stirling.
This property offers comfortable accommodation and is equipped to a high standard, with 2 twin bedrooms on the ground floor and 1 double on the first floor.
There is a spacious kitchen, sitting room, separate dining room, sun lounge and a large, well-established and secluded garden, complete with patio, making this an ideal property for friends or family.
The location is perfect, offering a wide choice of attractions and activities, be it walking in the nearby Ochil Hills, Gartmorn Dam Country Park and Nature Reserve, a visit to Stirling Castle or Blair Drummond Safari Park, or taking the train to enjoy a wonderful day out in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Three bedrooms: 2 x ground floor twin, 1 x double with en-suite basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with gas fire. Sun lounge.
Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview/DVD (in both sitting room and sun lounge), CD player/radio, WiFi, books,games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 1 car plus additional street parking. Lawned rear garden with patio and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Very comfortable and clean house.”
- “Very nice, clean, comfortable house, in good central location. Our visit was to see family in the area, but it is a great central base for visitors who wish to travel around central Scotland.”
- “Stayed here during June, 2011 with family (2 small children). The cottage had everything we needed, and is ideally located for day trips to Stirling, Edinburgh, etc... The yard was a lovely place for the kids to relax and unwind before and after heading out each day.”
- “Sterling Scotland trip”
- “The place was very good , it is near city center . The place was clean and tidy . The owner was very nice and helpfu .”
- “A very spacious cottage with friendly and helpful owners. Off-road parking and local grocery store were within a minutes' walk or there were lots of larger stores within 5min drive. In a good central location as most places we visited were within an hour's drive.”
- “We had a wonderful holiday. Had sunshine every day and not a gnat in sight. We had really good nights sleep, on a very quiet street. Everything in the kitchen worked.”
- “This property was ideal for my requirements, I stayed for 3 weeks and enjoyed every minute.”
About the location
Stirling 7 miles; Dunfermline 15 miles; Glasgow 33 miles; Edinburgh 32 miles.
Alloa is situated on the north bank of the River Forth dominated by the stunning Ochil Hills and is the main town in Clackmannanshire. Within easy reach is Stirling, known as the 'Gateway to the Highlands', and visits to Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument and Blair Drummond Safari Park are a must! The surrounding area has many wonderful attractions including Alloa Tower, Castle Campbell and Gartmorn Dam, a haven for migratory birds. For the more energetic there is walking in the Ochil Hills, off-road cycling, golf, fishing and horse-riding. Other attractions within easy travelling distance include Culross, Dunfermline Abbey, the Falkirk Wheel and the famous golf courses at Gleneagles.