- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
This charming, traditional, terraced cottage is quietly hidden away in one of the narrow yards in central Whitby. Originally an old fisherman's property, this Whitby cottage offers cosy accommodation that is full of character and ideal for families and couples wanting to enjoy this beautiful part of the country. With a warm and snug open plan living area, this Whitby cottage retains beamed ceilings, aged timber floors and a living flame gas fire set in a lovely cast iron fireplace. Tastefully furnished and decorated to a high standard, this Whitby cottage is comfortable and stylish, with two pretty bedrooms; the one on the second floor benefiting from roof top views to the Abbey and the sea. With the shops and amenities on the doorstep, this Whitby cottage enables guests to leave their car behind and explore this historic, atmospheric town. Why not sample the delicious food of the numerous tea rooms or experience the many quality restaurants on offer? Guests to this cottage in Whitby can enjoy wandering the quaint cobbled streets and climb the 199 steps up to the famous Whitby Abbey and St. Mary's Church. The long sandy beaches are perfect for relaxing on and attractions such as the Captain Cook Memorial Museum and Pannett Park Art Gallery are well worth a visit. With the dramatic coastline and the stunning scenery of the North York Moors to discover, this Whitby cottage is in a wonderful location. Note: This property adjoins Ref: 5268 and together they can accommodate 8 people.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x double, 1 x second floor twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with living-flame gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, 3 x TVs (1 with FreeSat, 2 with Freeview), DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- Roadside parking available for 40 mins from 8am to 8pm, unrestricted 8pm to 8am, additional roadside parking and car parks nearby
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Beach 5 mins walk.
- “Excerlent weeks rest”
- “The cottage (once located)is a lovely cottage, home from home enough equipment for your needs. Location is great has shops pubs banks etc are near by. We enjoyed fossil hunting on the beach with our dog. Even in wet weather there are attractions to go and see. Whitby museum is a good place to go and see. Neighbouring villages are also very nice to vist.”
- “Very well equipped and nicely decorated. A very sweet little cottage with excellent views of the Abbey and ideally situated in the middle of Whitby. The town is lovely and the beach and pier were visited daily. We would definitely visit again.”
- “A beautiful cottage in an ideal location to enjoy Whitby. Cottage was perfect for us and really well kept inside. Will definitely visit again, no complaints!”
- “A perfectly charming cottage, perfectly placed in the town.”
- “Excellent location, close to all amenities.”
- “Lots to do in Whitby within easy reach of the cottage - central location meant we didn't need to use our car all week. Cottage was very comfortable and suited our needs. Lots of lovely places to eat and visit, whatever the weather. The top bedroom was particularly lovely, with its views of the Abbey and the sea, the children were reluctant to leave the attic - very cosy!”
- “Whitby is a lovely town and Amber Cottage is in a great location. The cottage is cosy and very well furnished and equipped. The best thing about our trip to Whitby was the many pubs, coffee shops and bars that welcomed dogs. What more could we ask for.”
- “A lovely setting for a lovely cottage, very cosy and close to all amenities.”
- “Beautiful, cosy cottage, very clean and well furnished. Perfectly positioned for instant access to the sea front and main shopping and dining areas. The view from the top bedroom fascinated our 8 year old who loved to be able to see the Abbey and the sea when she woke up!”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire with its superb coastline and the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.