Upper House Farm Cottages
These four luxury stone-built barn conversions, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All four Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All four Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in. Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey and a ball-pit for toddlers is perfect for the children. There is also a retro gaming table, lots of DVDs ,toys for the children, board games and books to loan. There is a separate sports barn in this there is astro turf down, badminton and a sky fort climbing frame with swings and slide. There is a small grocery shop with an honesty box and free range chickens where you can collect your own eggs! These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
A wonderful semi-detached Alberbury cottage providing a spacious and luxurious retreat for a large family or group of friends to relax in the open-plan interior space, revitalize in the sauna and even soak up the uplifting outdoor atmosphere in the private hot tub.
With two lovely sitting areas, a private pool table, shared games barn on site and an indoor play area, there is plenty to keep you occupied right on the doorstep.
This Alberbury cottage simply cannot be beaten as a welcoming Shropshire base with a quality finish.
Note: Property can be booked with Refs. 15913, 15914, 15916, and 3853, together they sleep 32.
Six bedrooms: 2 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC, cloakroom with basin and WC. Open-plan living room with kitchen and breakfast area, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Games room. First floor reading area. Sauna with changing room and utility.
- Underfloor central heating (ground floor), eco-friendly bio-mass system with woodburner
- Electric range cooker with oven and hob, microwave, American fridge/freezer with cold water and ice, 2 x dishwashers, washer/dryer, 40" TV with Freeview, Blu-ray and DVD, 6 x TVs with DVD (TV's and DVDs) in all bedrooms, CD/radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire/stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Private patio garden with furniture and BBQ, adjacent enclosed lawn and private 8-seater hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit and drinks machine
- Shared indoor play area for younger children with swing, see-saw, climbing frame and badminton
- Free range chickens with eggs for sale when available
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighboring properties
- Note: Power for sauna inc. in rent on 'fair use' basis and extra wood for woodburner can be purchased from the owner
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Alberbury is a small rural village in lovely countryside, 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway, 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury lies within a giant loop of the River Severn, and has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, home to the fictional Brother Cadfael or Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive sandstone building in beautiful gardens and grounds, housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park and mansion, Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the “Victorian Farm” TV series.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute