A stunning, detached, architect-designed 18th century stone barn conversion, in the rural hamlet of Bottomhouse.
On the edge of a large courtyard with views across open countryside, this beautifully converted accommodation offers a spacious open plan living area with woodburner, a spiral staircase, old beams, solid oak flooring and a wet room.
With delightful bedrooms, en-suites and a spacious garden with an optional hot tub, guests are assured of a wonderful holiday.
The property is ideally placed for exploring the Peak District National Park, the Churnet Valley and Alton Towers.
Short and long walks abound.
Note: This property is 10 metres from Curlew Barn, Ref. 3596, they can be booked together to sleep 22 people.
Four bedrooms: 1 x large family with double & 3 single beds with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x 4' double, 1 x large family with double bed & 3 single beds with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x single sofa bed on spacious landing. Large ground floor wet room with shower, basin, WC. Large living area with solid oak flooring, quality kitchen, solid oak dining table & chairs (seats 16). Sitting area with woodburner, French windows & spiral staircase. Note: One of the family rooms can be accessed via internal steps or external staircase. Note: High heels must not be worn on the oak flooring.
- Electric heating with woodburner
- Gas range, electric oven, microwave, American-style fridge/freezer, wine cooler, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD
- Fuel, power & initial supply for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair
- Large, enclosed garden with patio, furniture & gas BBQ
- Hot tub available at charge of £150 per week or short break, payable direct to owner
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub & restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: Mobile Phone, Data Roaming and TV reception is good at this property
- Note: No stag parties allowed at this property
- Note: Max 15 people including infants
- Note: This property is unable to accept any wedding parties
- Note: 4G, Mobile Phone, Data Roaming and TV reception is good at this property
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
About the location
Leek 6 miles; Ashbourne 9 miles.
The attractive rural village of Ipstones lies on the western fringes of the Peak District in lovely moorland countryside, between the market towns of Leek and Ashbourne. The village offers a post office, village shop and pubs serving food. The surrounding countryside is excellent for walking with miles of woodland trails and moorland hikes to enjoy. Dovedale and the limestone Churnet Valley are on the doorstep and The Manifold Trail is close by. There is easy access to many of the area's attractions including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Lyme Park (NT) as seen in TV’s Pride & Prejudice, the NT Ilam Estate or Peak Wildlife Park. A great touring base for all the Peak District - and Alton Towers is just a 10 minute drive away.
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the owner in advance.
Note: No stag parties allowed at this property.
Hot tub available at charge of £150 per week or short break, payable direct to owner
This property offers the following short breaks: