December is upon us. There’s a chill in the air, a twinkling of fairy lights and familiar jolly tunes to be heard on the radio. Christmas is our absolute favourite time of year, here at Sykes Cottages. Decking the halls, munching on mince pies and hanging our stockings at the fireplace – it all gives us that fabulous festive feeling.
So, in honour of the season, we’re celebrating with a magical competition! We want you to get your crafty hats on and create your very own Christmassy cottage out of gingerbread. Glorious gumdrops, cutesy candy canes, intricate icing – the more imaginative the better.
Whether it’s all made from scratch or a uniquely decorated kit, all entries are welcome, as long as they give Santa’s elves a run for their money!
The lucky winner will receive the gift of a £500 holiday voucher for a Sykes cottage getaway.
There are two ways to enter our Sykes Christmas gingerbread cottage competition:
1.) By sharing a photo of your wonderful gingerbread creation along with #sykesxmascottage on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
2.) By creating a blog post that showcases your festive masterpiece and all the fun you had creating it. Sykes Cottages will then review the entries and select the winner who will receive the prize*.
Santa’s almost on his way, so get crafting!
Competition opens at midnight GMT 2nd December 2016.
Competition closes at midnight GMT on the 18th December 2016, any entries sent after this time won’t be counted
Terms & conditions
- *The prize is a £500 Sykes Cottages Voucher. For information on how to redeem a Sykes Cottages Voucher please see here.
- The competition is open to any person/blogger located within the United Kingdom or Ireland and aged 18 and over, except for employees of Sykes Cottages and their families, partners and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
- Closing date for entries is midnight 18/12/2016. One winner will be announced by midnight 21/12/2016. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of notification or the prize will be void and the winner will be re-selected from all other entrants.
- To be in with a chance of winning, entrants must reside within the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The winner accepts that their name may be provided or published in social media.
- Sykes Cottages’ decision on the winner is final.
- The prize is non-transferable and there shall be no alternative prize, or cash alternative offered.
- Sykes Cottages reserves the right to declare any competition null and void and stage another competition in its place.
- Sykes Cottages is entitled to refuse to process any prize where necessary, for example, if you are unable to or fail to produced sufficient identification when claiming a prize.
- There can only be one entry per person and per blog, multiple entries will not be counted.
- By entering the competition, you agree to allow your entry to be shared across Sykes Cottages’ multiple social media platforms. E.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog.
- The prize is supplied “as is” with no guarantee to its suitability.
- Sykes Cottages will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to the competition or prize or as a result of any misrepresentation of the prize.
- Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.