- Electric vehicle charging
- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Reviews & Ratings
6 Customer Reviews
"Sunset view is amazing, It's peaceful, very comfortable but not far from everything you may need for your stay."
All facilities are excellent, we absolutely loved our stay.
"An outstanding lodge with everything you could possibly need or want inside and out."
Our two boys were ecstatically happy they both had a tv in their rooms as there are 4 tv's in the lodge. I cannot state enough what a superb place sunset view is to stay at. My husband says the fishing on both lakes are excellent, with very good quality fish and he loved having the peace to fish on both lakes. A huge thank you to Tom and Jez and their wives, we will be back.
"Great peaceful location with great hosts, excellent accommodation and fishing , would highly recommend for a relaxing carp / fishing holiday in Devon."
"Great holiday, great lodge and facilities."
Fishing was really good too and we look forward to returning!
"Wonderful location and beautiful lodge every need catered for a relaxing break."
"Amazing had a lovely holiday first class stay and facilities couldn’t recommend the place enough."
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double with TV and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king size on request)with TV
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove
- Discounted short breaks are available.(excluding February half term, Easter, Christmas and New Year) from a Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday at a rental cost excluding booking fee of £1200 in 2023 and £1236 in 2024.
- Central heating
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Smart TV, 4 x TVs and WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for 2 cars behind the cabin, with additional parking available in the fishery car park. Covered decking with hot tub and access communal children's play area, firepit and barbecue area
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Supermarket 3.9 miles, convenience store 0.6 miles, pub 0.5 miles
- Note: There are lakes on this site and children and pets must be supervised at all times
- Note: An Electric Vehicle charger is available in the fishery car park at no additional cost
- Note: Exclusivity of the whole site (23 acres) for the duration of your stay, so this means no-one else will be able to use this site but you
- Note: Fishing available on-site and included in your stay- wet equipment is supplied for biosecurity (nets, mats and slings)
Cullompton 4.2 miles.
Settled in the countryside on a spectacularly private site boasting plenty of space in Kentisbeare near Cullompton, Devon is this newly built for 2023, Sunset View at Mill Hayes Lakes.
This idyllic, wooden lodge benefits from being the only lodge in 23 acres and has a luxurious, open-plan interior welcoming up to six guests in three beautifully-appointed bedrooms, a covered decking with a hot tub and communal access to a children’s playground, barbecue area and a fire pit as well as on-site fishing; a wonderful setting for families or friends looking to explore the wonders of Devon.
Cross the threshold into the heart of the home where you can relax after a day of exploring by the warmth of the crackling woodburning stove while the designated chef of the group gets acquainted with the fully-equipped kitchen.
Savour their culinary creations at the dining table before heading off to watch the kids burn off some energy in the playground.
Later, tuck them into the fun twin room then head out onto the decking for a soothing soak in the bubbling hot tub which boasts a fabulous view across the lake and countryside.
When the sun dips behind the rolling countryside, step inside to wash off the day’s adventures in the bathroom before choosing between a double with en-suite shower room or another double, both with Hypnos hotel grade beds and fitted with TVs for lazy mornings and adorning stunning lakeside views.
If you can tear yourself away from this idyllic bolthole, enjoy a well-earned break from the kitchen at the Wyndham Arms, within walking distance, or the Keepers Cottage and The Ashill, before making your way to Cullompton where you can pick up all the essentials for your self-catered stay.
The on-site Fishery, first established in the 80s, also includes two specimen lakes and is included in your stay at the lodge, ideal for relaxing afternoons.
All the Fish stocks have been supplied by Priory Fishery: Willow is 2 acres and has been stocked with 90 Carp that average 25lbs, with at least 15 different 30lbers, while James pool is 0.25 acres and offers Specimen Coarse Fishing with Bream over 4lbs, Crucians to 2.5lbs, 1lb Golden Rudd and Tench over 7lbs.
Diggerland lies a short drive away and is the perfect place to spend the day with the whole family; other nearby attractions include Yarak Birds of Prey where you can handle these impressive birds and the National Trust site of Knightshayes Court where you can roam the formal grounds and dense woodlands before touring the gothic country mansion.
Venture further afield to Exeter where you admire the cathedral and Northernhay Garden or embark on a unique underground experience in the vaulted 14th-century tunnels that run underneath the city.
Make unforgettable memories at Sunset View.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £350.
About the location
Tiverton 6.5 miles; Exeter 16.4 miles; Exmouth 19.5 miles
The ancient town of Cullompton lies in the peaceful, green Culm Valley and is close to the magnificent Blackdown Hills an AONB. The bustling town is notable for its ancient market place with some beautiful half timbered, Tudor looking buildings and the impressive 15th-century St Andrew’s Church with its 120ft sandstone tower that can be seen across the landscape for miles. Well served with excellent transportation links including the M5, the town makes it a splendid base for exploring, with Exeter 16 miles and the sandy beaches at Exmouth, Dartmoor and Exmoor National Park all easily accessible by car. The town has a good range of shops and restaurants and there are cycle trails, footpaths and bridleways galore to allow you to explore this beautiful region at your leisure.
Note: Discounted short breaks are available. (excluding February half term, Easter, Christmas and New Year) from a Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday at a rental cost excluding booking fee of £1200 in 2023 and £1236 in 2024.
Note: Exclusivity of the site, is only potentially until May/June 2024, when a second cabin will be added to the site.
This property offers the following short breaks: