Gin may have first been made in Holland, but it will always be associated with Britain. For four centuries,...
In celebration of Wales Tourism Week and St David’s Day, Sykes Cottages have compiled a list of 12 reasons why you should visit the breathtaking country of Wales in 2014.
1. Wales is really, really beautiful with five designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
2. You can experience views like this:
3. Who needs Portofino when you have Portmeirion?
4. There are more castles per square mile in Wales than in any other country in the world.
5. Welsh Rarebit, Bara Brith, Welsh Cakes, Caerphilly cheese, Cawl, Glamorgan sausage…
6. Anglesey. If it’s good enough for Kate and Wills then it’s good enough for us!
7. Wales offers some of the UK’s most stunning and spectacular beaches.
8. Hay-on-Wye is heaven on earth for lovers of books.
9. Being a bit rainy has its advantages- Wales is one of the greenest countries around.
10. Cardiff. Wales’ capital city is rich in history, culture and attractions.
11. The population of sheep is four times that of humans; fewer crowds and more cute animals.
12. You need to visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch at least once.
If you’re thinking about heading to Wales for your next holiday, you’ll need to find somewhere to stay. Check out our holiday cottages in Wales for a fantastic range of properties to suit every location, budget and group size.